What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I access DocScan documents from my PC

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have scanned a document into my iPad Air using DocScan. The file is too big to email. How else can I get it onto my PC?

Thanks

Try connecting the iPad (via USB) to your computer and open iTunes. When iTunes recognizes the iPad, go to the Apps section (in the iPad menu) and scroll down to the bottom. Hopefully, DocScan will appear as a sync-able app and you will see the scan you made. If it is there, you should be able to copy and paste it to your computer.

Hope that helps.

Marilyn

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Marilyn

I don't WANT to sound dumb, but I don't have iTunes on my :eek: IBM-clone PC ;).

Are there any other ways?

I'm not sure if you have the 'paid' or 'free' version of this app.....but Dropbox would work for this.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've been looking at your app in the App Store....it does say there are a number of ways to export, so have a look at this -

You could see if you can generate a PDF to email.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    234.2 KB · Views: 352
OP
Vagulus

Vagulus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have downloaded iTunes to PC and I can get the file as a pdf. I'd prefer to have it as JPEGs but, I suppose, beggars can't be choosers.

Thanks for the help folks.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have downloaded iTunes to PC and I can get the file as a pdf. I'd prefer to have it as JPEGs but, I suppose, beggars can't be choosers.

Thanks for the help folks.

Have a look at this free online converter: http://docupub.com/pdfconvert/. It'll change PDFs to JPEGs.

You can also use it to go the other way - change PNGs or JPEGs to PDFs. The neat thing about changing pics to PDFs is that the website allows you to upload from the iPad. Pretty cool.

I think you'll have to use the PDF to JPEG part on a computer, but still... I've used this web converter a lot and like it. Hope it helps.

Marilyn

rickduley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have a look at this free online converter: http://docupub.com/pdfconvert/. It'll change PDFs to JPEGs.

Hi again Marilyn

I don't much like those on-line-translator thingies. I downloaded "Free PDF to JPG Converter" which works okay. But beware ...

It includes in your download several software applications despite the fact that you have declined the ones where you are given the option. Gallantly, it also includes a healthy 40-or-so PUPs, and a little application called "One More Game" (which name gives me the heebie-jeebies) which is the very Devil to eradicate (it doesn't even show up on Control Panel --> Uninstall).

Caveat Emptor :rolleyes:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi again Marilyn

I don't much like those on-line-translator thingies. I downloaded "Free PDF to JPG Converter" which works okay. But beware ...

It includes in your download several software applications despite the fact that you have declined the ones where you are given the option. Gallantly, it also includes a healthy 40-or-so PUPs, and a little application called "One More Game" (which name gives me the heebie-jeebies) which is the very Devil to eradicate (it doesn't even show up on Control Panel --> Uninstall).

Caveat Emptor :rolleyes:

Oh, I totally get where you are coming from re downloading this kinda stuff. Which is why I like the one to which I linked - all the conversions can be done in the browser and all you are downloading is the final product (the new file you made).

Cause I don't trust most downloaded stuff either unless I've thoroughly researhed or went specifically to a big-name site for the item...

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts