What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do delete pictures on camera roll?

Wildfire

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I did a search on this board but didn't find an answer. I have a check mark on the picture I want to delete but the delete button doesn't light up.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
While displaying the picture,tap the screen to bring up the menu along the upper edge.There should be a trash can icon at the upper right,tap it and the delete button will become visible.Tap the delete button and your picture should be deleted.

Last edited:

Docvan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Delete only from camera roll?

While displaying the picture,tap the screen to bring up the menu along the upper edge.There should be a trash can icon at the upper right,tap it and the delete button will become visible.Tap the delete button and your picture should be deleted.

I've made several albums within camera roll, the original picture stays in camera roll, but when I try to delete the original picture, I get asked do I want to delete it every where. The only response button is Delete Everywhere. Is there any way to delete only from camera roll? (As I write this I'm beginning to suspect that albums don't really contain copies, only sublists)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Your albums do not actually contain the photos,but only link to the original photos in the camera roll.

XNYGRL

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I also am trying to do this.....but I do not have a menu upper right side that offers me to delete...what else do I do?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
goofy8275 said:
I wish there were a way to delete photos from the camera roll but keep them in albums.

There isn't and never will be. The albums don't actually contain any photos, just links to the original photo in the camera roll. It's designed this way to minimize storage requirements.

Redhotpoker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Wildfire,
When you click on a pic and expand it, you'll notice in the far top right hand corner a garbage can. Gently Tap it!!
What happens?

Chas

Sent from my new iPad 3 using iPF

ramsa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Move the image to a new file (download a file manager app) then delete from everywhere in the camera roll... Try this with a picture you can afford to lose as a test. I think you need to get the image out of the camera app and put it elsewhere first...

Most reactions

Latest posts