What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How did you...

Taylor263621

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok how did you save your SHSH Blog/Blob?

I went to cydia, on the first page, clicked on, "Make My Life Easier". Here is my question, is that the best way of saving your SHSH Blob/Blog? Also will I need to save my SHSH blob(g) in order to be eligible for the NEW 4.2.1. Untetered Jailbreak is released?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It is blob, not blog :)

What you did in Cydia is correct. Cydia will now save your shsh's automatically on their servers. It can take a while for them to show on the front page of cydia (weeks!) but dont worry they are being saved.
You can also download tinyumbrella (google it), which will save them locally on you PC. This is useful as a backup and to convince yourself that they are being saved. It gets your blobs from Cydia so it s not really a different solution, other than saving a copy locally.
I recomend you download tu and have a play!

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Or maybe i am just correct...

@chpwn tweeted earler this week...

@notcom: Again, Cydia does NOT show available SHSH's immediately. It can take up to 4-8 weeks. Be patient. Your Cydia home page is cached.

Facts from the developers who contribute to Cydia are in general more "correct" than anything else :)

Last edited:
OP
T

Taylor263621

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4 is there anything else i need to do before this untetherd jailbreak comes out? on my ipad?

thanks man

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
f4 is there anything else i need to do before this untetherd jailbreak comes out? on my ipad?

thanks man

Sounds like you are making good progress! Give TinyUmbrella a go. Apart from that, just sit tight. Looks like an updated greenpois0n may be out soon and wont require blobs so the process should be straight forward, but we wont know until its public. Just enjoy your jailbreak for the time being!
Cheers.

Most reactions

Latest posts