What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How come i can view flash from this site?

MsTapp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I believe the question is why CAN pastan view flash. It probably isn't really flash.

OP
P

pastan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
The ipad does not support flash. Did you not know this before purchasing?

Yes i know sir, which is why im wondering why i can view flash from the site listed.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you can view it on the iPad, it is not Flash. Many sites are able to detect whether or not the viewer is using a mobile device. If it is, they use an alternate viewer to Flash. Even if the mobile viewer supports Flash. Just because Flash on mobile devices is pathertic.

Itzxdjx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
The ipad does not support flash. Did you not know this before purchasing?

Yes i know sir, which is why im wondering why i can view flash from the site listed.

first It's a HER not a SIR!

But yeah that's not a flash site a lot of site are moving to dual HTML5 and Flash so everyones happy! YAY lol

DJennings

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I have iSwifter, and while its not too bad, I have noticed in other threads that alot of people don't care for it, partly because it has to be paid for before you can really try it out.

I'd like to toss Splashtop Remote into the mix, since as of yesterday, I finally figured out how to port-forward on my router and got the app to work outside my home, on a 3G network, as well as wifi. I am able to access my desktop, with sound, and operate it on my iPad & iPhone. I'm not much of an online gamer, but I'm told people are using this app to play World of Warcraft on their iPad.

The downside to this app is getting it to work outside your home. I've had the app for awhile, but it took some research and trial & error before I was successful, and that seems to be the biggest headache with this app. The developers have promised to provide an update soon, that would make the process of setting up the outside connection easier than it is right now.

Cheers;)

snoitan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Between AJAX and some of the new HTML 5 features, you can get some nice stuff on a website without Flash.

Also, with the iPad's release, some sites with videos detect the iPad and play the iPad-supported movie format.

John Domville

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use an app called SKYFIRE. It's a browser that plays flash. If you are using safari and "flash can not be played, stop, copy the URL where you are. Close safari and open SKYFIRE and it will ask you if you want to use the clipboard URL, select yes and SKYFiRE will convert the flash and play it for you. I use it on NASA tv all the time.

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
kierandill said:
If you mean the animation at the bottom, it is a GIF.

Proving my point that flash is over used on the net ;). What do you say, a simple animated gif is doing the job...

VicoPad addict!

Most reactions

Latest posts