What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How can I watch cbr files

OP
H

hilfer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ComicFlow is free and supports cbr files: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/comicflow/id409290355?mt=8
Hope that helps.

Ok. Installed comicflow, connected my ipad to the PC and then did the following:

My ipad > aplications > comicflow > add > added the cbr FILES that I want to watch.

Then opened comicflow on ipad but I don't see any option to open those files that I have copied to Ipad.

I think this program only supports files that are bought through the application !! is that right ???

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok. Installed comicflow, connected my ipad to the PC and then did the following: My ipad > aplications > comicflow > add > added the cbr FILES that I want to watch. Then opened comicflow on ipad but I don't see any option to open those files that I have copied to Ipad. I think this program only supports files that are bought through the application !! is that right ???
You should be able to upload files to the app.

OP
H

hilfer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Humm nothing seems to work.

Tried comicflow and it won't detect the files I've added.
cloudreaders detects the files I uploade but nothing happens when I select any of those cbr files. !! any ideas ??

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Try hosting the cbr files onto Dropbox. Then in the Dropbox app, then open/import the .cbr files in Dropbox, and point it to ComicFlow. It may be that the sandboxing does not allow for external media unless you specifically point ComicFlow to the data.

OP
H

hilfer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try hosting the cbr files onto Dropbox. Then in the Dropbox app, then open/import the .cbr files in Dropbox, and point it to ComicFlow. It may be that the sandboxing does not allow for external media unless you specifically point ComicFlow to the data.

Well... some cbr fils work others don't !!! and i don't see any difference among them.

Strange indeed.
Just by curiosity what I'm trying to make on the Ipad 1 for hours I did successfully in less than 5 minutes on an android tablet.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iOS sandboxing does not allow for the free-manipulation of files unless you've jailbroken your device and allowed root access, in which case, you can manipulate the files as you please, and can probably just place the .cbr's into the ComicFlow directory and open it directly through the app as if it was naturally downloaded from it depending on how ComicFlow calls on the sandbox instances.

OP
H

hilfer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just found another application that seems to read all my cbr files it's name: COMICS.

Most reactions

Latest posts