What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How can I use Kindle Reading APP !

vish26

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I am trying to find out how kindle APP can open a whole new world of reading for me, but I am stuck as I don't know what kind of books, Newspaper or reading material that I can download for it ? And where do I download it from ? Can someone please help me on this...

Thanks.

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
Welcome to the forum vish.

Download the Kindle APP follow the set-up
registration prompts.

When you're ready to shop go to Amazon's Kindle Store, find what you want and buy it.
It will be download to your device or the Cloud,
depending on the preference you select.

Enjoy the App. I use it frequently.

AA

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OP
V

vish26

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OP
V

vish26

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There isn't much of free stuff to download :p on Amazon.com Kindle Store.

Vikki1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can you get books hat you haven your normal kindle.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There isn't much of free stuff to download :p on Amazon.com Kindle Store.

There's actually lots of free stuff, but probably not what you're looking for. But it is a store, as in a business, not a nonprofit that offers you an endless selection of free stuff, lol. Maybe you have other ideas, but I think people -- including writers -- should be paid for their labor.

venusammeta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.beetlerim.com
The biggest advantage in my view in using the Kindle reader is that you can download sample chapters of a books from the site for free. Being able to preview the first few chapters of a downloaded e-book will helps with making decisions about possible purchases. It’s like sampling songs on iTunes or other music sites.

OP
V

vish26

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK, Now I believe one can also try a eBook or a eMagazine or a eNewspaper on Amazon Kindle Store for a Trial Period. I could not even locate that ? How do I download a Purchase for a Trial Period and then maybe see if I like it o purchase it ?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You make all purchases directly on the Amazon.com site via any browser (including Safari on the iPad). You then open the Kindle app. On the Cloud page you will see all your purchases that are not on the iPad, and you can download them from there. On the Device page you'll see what is downloaded on the iPad and ready to read.

The account you purchase the books with must be the same account you have set up in the Kindle app. If the Kindle app is not set up, tap the gear/settings icon at the bottom right and use the Registration to enter your Amazon account id and password.

To make things more convenient, go to this link in Safari. . .

https://www.amazon.com/gp/kindle/kcp/tos.html#stos-bookmark

. . .and log in with your Amazon account (if needed). You should end up in a special web app for the Kindle Book store that is optimized for mobile devices. It looks pretty good on the iPad.

Use the box/arrow icon to the left of the URL field and Add to Home Screen.

You'll end up with a pretty icon (Safari Bookmark) you can put right next to the Kindle app.

OP
V

vish26

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You make all purchases directly on the Amazon.com site via any browser (including Safari on the iPad). You then open the Kindle app. On the Cloud page you will see all your purchases that are not on the iPad, and you can download them from there. On the Device page you'll see what is downloaded on the iPad and ready to read.

The account you purchase the books with must be the same account you have set up in the Kindle app. If the Kindle app is not set up, tap the gear/settings icon at the bottom right and use the Registration to enter your Amazon account id and password.

To make things more convenient, go to this link in Safari. . .

https://www.amazon.com/gp/kindle/kcp/tos.html#stos-bookmark

. . .and log in with your Amazon account (if needed). You should end up in a special web app for the Kindle Book store that is optimized for mobile devices. It looks pretty good on the iPad.

Use the box/arrow icon to the left of the URL field and Add to Home Screen.

You'll end up with a pretty icon (Safari Bookmark) you can put right next to the Kindle app.

I think I have pretty much set up everyting required now I need to start shopping. But to begin with I would like to first give Trial Period a go. So just not able to understand how to do it.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hadn't heard of it. It must be a subscription thing, and I haven't subscribed to any magazines or newspapers from Amazon.

But, it should be as simple as doing it on the Amazon.com site, just like a book. Your trial subscription issue should show up in the Kindle app on the Cloud page, under the All Items and Newsstand tabs.

Be sure to read all the small print, in case it's one of those setups where you get charged if you don't cancel after a certain time limit.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think I have pretty much set up everyting required now I need to start shopping. But to begin with I would like to first give Trial Period a go. So just not able to understand how to do it.

Normally, each ebook for sale on Amazon (for the Kindle) has a free sample offered. When you are at Amazon and have found an ebook that looks interesting, look on the left side of the screen. There will be a section titled "Try it Free." There will be the sentence "Sample the beginning of this book for free" with a button to "Send Sample Now." If you have more than one device registered with Amazon, you'll be offered the option to choose to which device the book is delivered. Pick the device, hit the button - and the [free] sample is delivered to the device.

So, instead of paying for and downloading the whole book, you download the free sample by clicking on the link and having it delivered to your reading device. If you like the sample, you go back and buy the book.

Hope this helps.

Marilyn

OP
V

vish26

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Normally, each ebook for sale on Amazon (for the Kindle) has a free sample offered. When you are at Amazon and have found an ebook that looks interesting, look on the left side of the screen. There will be a section titled "Try it Free." There will be the sentence "Sample the beginning of this book for free" with a button to "Send Sample Now." If you have more than one device registered with Amazon, you'll be offered the option to choose to which device the book is delivered. Pick the device, hit the button - and the [free] sample is delivered to the device.

So, instead of paying for and downloading the whole book, you download the free sample by clicking on the link and having it delivered to your reading device. If you like the sample, you go back and buy the book.

Hope this helps.

Marilyn

Yeah ! That is exactly what I was looking out for now I am on the Amazon Kindle Store website on Internet Explorer Browser on my Laptop not on the iPad and I have liked a Book, But I dont see the "Try it Free." or "Sample the beginning of this book for free" with a button to "Send Sample Now." on the Left side of the screen ?

Why dont I see the sample ?

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm not sure all ebooks have samples.

That said, make sure you are looking in the Kindle Book Store, so you don't see books that don't have an ebook version; then this is what you are looking for.

FreeSample.jpg

Most reactions

Latest posts