What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How can I transfer PDF files from computer to iPad 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chinwejohn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi. I need help with transferring PDF files from my computer to my ipad2. Also copying my cv to my iPad. Watching movies and other interesting features.
Thank you.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

There is a program that most all iPad users have called GoodReader. It's the 'Swiss Army Knife' for the iPad and it can store files all together and in folders - or however you want them - and can transfer files to and from your PC using either WiFi or USB without the need for iTunes. It's built in web-browser can download files too, something that Safari doesn't offer - except for PDF format. From within GoodReader you can open those files in any app that supports that type of file. Having said that, though, when a compatible app does open that file it makes a local copy that it works on, so the original copy in GoodReader is left untouched. If you want to store the modified file in GoodReader you have to transfer it back there by some means.

GoodReader can also attach several files to an email and then send them using the iPad's native Mail app - something you can't do from within Mail itself. It also gives you the opportunity to annotate PDF files and save the resulting file so that it can be read on a PC or Mac. That annotation can be handwritten or typed and you can search the document for your typed annotations and bookmarks. On the latest version, PDF files can be scrolled horizontally or vertically.

It can also play several formats of video and audio files too.

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

767Steve

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi. I need help with transferring PDF files from my computer to my ipad2. Also copying my cv to my iPad. Watching movies and other interesting features.
Thank you.

I just broke down and bought good reader too for it's versatility.

However if you do not want to make the $4. 99 investment you can down load a pdf file into ibooks via the sycn cable and it will display pdf files too. You could also email yourself pdf files as an attachment and then open those on the ipad. After clicking on the attachment in the email a banner will pop up, giving you the option to open in Ibooks. This is all fine for free, BUT you will not have the option of renaming files, organizing etc...... godreader is a very good app to buy!
Hope this was of some additional help to you,
Steve

R

rayrex

You could email yourself pdf files as an attachment and then open those on the ipad. After clicking on the attachment in the email a banner will pop up, giving you the option to open in Ibooks. This is all fine for free, but you will not have the option of renaming files, organizing etc.

Asharp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You could try Evernote. The app is free and there are also in-app purchase options. I've been using it for a year and a half (without having made any in-app purchases), and it has been very useful for organizing and storing all the different attachments I receive from coworkers at my job.

Edit: Yikes! That app will not solve your needs. Please excuse my error!

What about Dropbox? The first 5 GB are free. You'd need to install Dropbox on both your iPad and your computer.

Last edited:

terryromance

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can drag the PDFs into the books section of iTunes and then sync them to the iPad (if you have iBooks on the iPad). You can use DropBox if you have that on your PC and the iPad. And you can use iOS file sharing as well if you have Adobe Reader, Good Reader or Save2 PDF or another PDF files sharing app on the iPad.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Folks - this is a two-year old thread that was resurrected by a spammer (who has since been dealt with). The original poster made just this one post and has not been back since.

We're talking to the ether.... :)

So, we'll close this thread now. Thanks for your understanding.

Marilyn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts