What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How can I tell if my TV is internet connected?

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I need to know if my LG HD TV is internet connected. I read the manual but I am not seeing "internet connected" any where.

It does say that "this TV can receive Digital Over The Air cable signals. Does that mean anything?:confused:

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That means you can watch digital broadcast, since antennas don't work anymore. Bet way to tell if your tv is Internet enabled is the box, the tend to talk more about that than the tv...if not there then if it has a network input on the back. If not it isn't.

10%209%3A41%3A28%20AM.jpg

That's mine.

Last edited:

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Some stations transmit their signals in digital over the airwaves in the same way analog stations used to do with those big tower antennae. That's what it means.

A good indication would be to see if your tv set is adaptable as a computer monitor. But then you'd need to plug a computer into it to have access to Internet.

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That means you can watch digital broadcast, since antennas don't work anymore. Bet way to tell if your tv is Internet enabled is the box, the tend to talk more about that than the tv...if not there then if it has a network input on the back. If not it isn't.

That's mine.

I see your box does state Internet. I bet mine doesn't.:( I don't have the box, as mine is almost a year old. But I just want to make sure before I get the Apple TV and sign up for Netflix.

Tell me ~ will it say: "network input" on the back?

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A good indication would be to see if your tv set is adaptable as a computer monitor. But then you'd need to plug a computer into it to have access to Internet.

I think I can use my TV as a computer monitor, Ivan! I remember discovering that once and thinking, why? lol!

I need to turn around my TV. But it is TOO BIG to do it alone. I will have to wait for some help.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I see your box does state Internet. I bet mine doesn't.:( But I just want to make sure before I get the Apple TV and sign up for Netflix.

Any tv with an hdmi in will work with Apple TV.
I got one last Sunday and it's great!:)

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score

That's mine.

I see your box does state Internet. I bet mine doesn't.:( I don't have the box, as mine is almost a year old. But I just want to make sure before I get the Apple TV and sign up for Netflix.

If its a year old than no it isnt. Mine is the first and only true internet enabled TV. Sony also has some Bravia models that have pandora and quirocity but its not so much internet enabled.

There are many more on the way tho! Once more of them come out the networks will back down.

I have that and I'm still considering getting a Mac Mini as a living room computer...lol

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That means you can watch digital broadcast, since antennas don't work anymore.
Well, if you don't get your TV stations from cable or satellite, you still need an antenna to watch TV over the air but you don't need one of those huge monster antennas like in the olden days since digital broadcasts use different frequencies.

3671__Antenna.jpg

Some stations transmit their signals in digital over the airwaves...
ALL television stations broadcast in digital now, but not all programs on all stations broadcast in HD (High Definition).

Maybe you will win the Apple TV in the ipadforums.net Apple TV giveaway!

http://www.ipadforums.net/apple-ipad-news/13442-ipadforums-net-apple-tv-giveaway.html

Last edited:

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Was out of town for Turkey Day. I did have my iPad, but I didn't use it that much. But I did do some moderating from my iPad... while IN THE AIR on a Delta flight where they have free WiFi during the holidays! How cool is that?

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sweet if you are looking for the internet set up for the tv try the Roku brand ..they can be ran saight from the cable modem to the tv without a computer to watch tv useing the netflix and hulu and hulu plus a couple of more ways to get the tv without a lot of extras channel that you do not watch

Most reactions