What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How can I remove unwanted app from ipad mini2?

miga1990

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I accidentally picked up adsalert app. After then I keep encountering popup ads labeled by adsalert on Safari browser. I tried to look for some information about adsalert app and many sites like this one claim that the app is malware. If the app shows up on my PC, I could remove it with ease. But the problem is that I have no idea how to remove this annoying app from my ipad mini. Any ideas?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I accidentally picked up adsalert app. After then I keep encountering popup ads labeled by adsalert on Safari browser. I tried to look for some information about adsalert app and many sites like this one claim that the app is malware. If the app shows up on my PC, I could remove it with ease. But the problem is that I have no idea how to remove this annoying app from my ipad mini. Any ideas?

Hello, is what you describe above, i.e. adsalert, really an app (is there an icon on one of your 'home screens' and if so have you tried to delete it?) or possibly a Safari browser 'hijack extension' - if the latter, I would suggest: 1) Force closing Safari (from the multitask screen); 2) Disconnect from all wireless networks - Airplane mode can be used; 3) Go into Settings -> Safari and Clear History and Website Data; and 4) Turn on your wireless networks and open Safari to determine if the issue is eliminated - let us know. Dave :)

OP
miga1990

miga1990

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, is what you describe above, i.e. adsalert, really an app (is there an icon on one of your 'home screens' and if so have you tried to delete it?) or possibly a Safari browser 'hijack extension' - if the latter, I would suggest: 1) Force closing Safari (from the multitask screen); 2) Disconnect from all wireless networks - Airplane mode can be used; 3) Go into Settings -> Safari and Clear History and Website Data; and 4) Turn on your wireless networks and open Safari to determine if the issue is eliminated - let us know. Dave :)
Thanks for your reply, Dave. I keep suffering from popup with "ad by adsalert" branded. So as you said, adsalert could be a Safari hijack extension. But how can I go into "Settings" on Safari and clean all browsing histories?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply, Dave. I keep suffering from popup with "ad by adsalert" branded. So as you said, adsalert could be a Safari hijack extension. But how can I go into "Settings" on Safari and clean all browsing histories?

Well, already explained in my previous post - go into Settings, then tap on Safari in the left column (you may have to scroll a little) - look in the right hand column at the bottom and above 'Advanced', you will see the option mentioned - BUT, make sure that you follow each of my steps in order. Also look at your other Safari choices - most should be 'ON', including blocking of pop-ups. Good luck - Dave :)

rasmith1959

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Here's a screenshot that should help you find what you're looking for:

fadd696cead05043cb065a16410a81d8.jpg

Roy

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Latest posts