How can I remove unwanted app from ipad mini2?

Discussion in 'iPad Mini Forum' started by miga1990, Jul 4, 2015.

1. miga1990

miga1990
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I accidentally picked up adsalert app. After then I keep encountering popup ads labeled by adsalert on Safari browser. I tried to look for some information about adsalert app and many sites like this one claim that the app is malware. If the app shows up on my PC, I could remove it with ease. But the problem is that I have no idea how to remove this annoying app from my ipad mini. Any ideas?

2. giradman

giradman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Hello, is what you describe above, i.e. adsalert, really an app (is there an icon on one of your 'home screens' and if so have you tried to delete it?) or possibly a Safari browser 'hijack extension' - if the latter, I would suggest: 1) Force closing Safari (from the multitask screen); 2) Disconnect from all wireless networks - Airplane mode can be used; 3) Go into Settings -> Safari and Clear History and Website Data; and 4) Turn on your wireless networks and open Safari to determine if the issue is eliminated - let us know. Dave :)

3. miga1990

miga1990
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for your reply, Dave. I keep suffering from popup with "ad by adsalert" branded. So as you said, adsalert could be a Safari hijack extension. But how can I go into "Settings" on Safari and clean all browsing histories?

4. giradman

giradman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Well, already explained in my previous post - go into Settings, then tap on Safari in the left column (you may have to scroll a little) - look in the right hand column at the bottom and above 'Advanced', you will see the option mentioned - BUT, make sure that you follow each of my steps in order. Also look at your other Safari choices - most should be 'ON', including blocking of pop-ups. Good luck - Dave :)

5. rasmith1959

rasmith1959
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Here's a screenshot that should help you find what you're looking for:

[​IMG]

Roy

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

6. miga1990

miga1990
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Thank you, Roy. The problem on my Ipad was solved upon your help.

7. rasmith1959

rasmith1959
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    You're more than welcome, glad that I was of some assistance.

Roy

Sent from my Blue iPhone 5c using Tapatalk!