What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How can I organize files in Keynote using iPad 1

jborges

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have too many small presentations in Keynote and would like to organize them by subject like directories (folders) or something else.

Also, the way Keynote presents the files on its main screen is a waste of space. It uses large icons size as thumbnails. I would prefer in a list form. Youtube channels found a very elegant way to manage that. The user can choose the way he or she wants to see it.

Best Regards,
Julio Borges
Rio de Janeiro - Brazil

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have too many small presentations in Keynote and would like to organize them by subject like directories (folders) or something else.

Also, the way Keynote presents the files on its main screen is a waste of space. It uses large icons size as thumbnails. I would prefer in a list form. Youtube channels found a very elegant way to manage that. The user can choose the way he or she wants to see it.

Best Regards,
Julio Borges
Rio de Janeiro - Brazil

I'm not sure if it's possible to create folders on iPad 1, but there certainly is the possibility to do so in Pages as well as Keynote in general. See my example from Pages:

image-3263417896.jpg

As you may notice, one of these folders is from June 2012. That's why I hope you're given that possibility as well.
All you have to do, is tap and hold one of the files you intend to put into a folder, and then move it to another file that should be in that folder, too. It's like moving apps into folders on your homescreen. As soon as two files are in one of your folders, you are given the possibility to change the folder's name.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts