What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How can I install app allowed only in US

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are applications I can't access due to my location (israel).
Any way to overcome that limitation ?
Last one is the Sky news. It wouldn't allow me to install it.
No. Mine is not Jail broken.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The easiest way is to purchase a UK or US Apple gift card and then open up an account with the iTunes store in that country. There are several vendors on the Internet offering this service, you purchase the Gift Card on-line and they email you the 'code' from the back of the card, which is all you need to open an account.

When you enter the details, it will ask you for a credit card number - just leave that field blank and enter the Gift Card details and you're good to go.

Since some apps, like the Sky News app, are free downloading those will, of course, not decrease your 'credit' with the UK or US iTunes store.

Several Forum members have done this without any problems.

Tim
Scotland

OP
peled

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks.
Do you mean like purchesing ( with PayPal) something like this one ( I am looking for a $5 gift though)
http://itunes-giftcards.com/$15_iTunes_Card.html

Dose It means that once I opened that account, I'll have to change the account on my iTune prior to downloading a US program ?
And once it is downloaded I'll need to divert back to my curret account ?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks.
Do you mean like purchesing ( with PayPal) something like this one ( I am looking for a $5 gift though)
http://itunes-giftcards.com/$15_iTunes_Card.html

Dose It means that once I opened that account, I'll have to change the account on my iTune prior to downloading a US program ?
And once it is downloaded I'll need to divert back to my curret account ?

Yes - that was the US site I've heard a number of members use before.

Yes - you'll have two iTunes accounts so you'd need to decide whether you want to purchase from the local or US store. Similarly to receive updates - you'd need to be logged in to the US store to receive updates for the apps on your US iTunes account and to your local store to receive updates for the apps you purchased from there.

Maybe there's someone out there in Forum-land who can confirm this?

Tim
Scotland

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
make yourself a US account, you'll be needing an address and phone number. someone created mine for me at that time. it wasnt a requirement to put a credit card account. i heard it's being required now.you can check it out.
oh, btw. some apps even if you have a US account doesnt work. like pandora and some that i forgot.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK - thanks for the update. I guess Apple are trying to plug that 'loophole'. So I wonder if anyone has done this recently. I was in contact with a member in Belgium about two weeks ago who opened a UK account with just a gift card and no credit card, but maybe it's changed since then - maybe they did this when the store was recently 'updated'

Anyone tried this recently?

Tim
Scotland

Most reactions

Latest posts