What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How can I have photo's NOT on the net/icloud?

zinneken

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd like to put photo's on my ipad in a way that they do not get uploaded to icloud, other web services or other macs in the house. In other words, I want to manually put them on the ipad for them to be on there and not be "shared" anywhere else. Is this possible, and how could I achieve this? Thanks!

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I believe this is the default. Unless you turn on Photostream, your photos stay on your iPad and don't go to the web. Don't enable any app that asks to upload your photos to the web or cloud. Not hard, frankly.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Also, don't back up to the cloud...Use iTunes for transfer photos to/from your iPad to a computer. Watch out for apps like Facebook, Google+, Dropbox, etc. These all try to upload your stuff to the cloud. It's not hard to say no, however. It's not like your photos automatically get uploaded against your will.

OP
Z

zinneken

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also, don't back up to the cloud...Use iTunes for transfer photos to/from your iPad to a computer. Watch out for apps like Facebook, Google+, Dropbox, etc. These all try to upload your stuff to the cloud. It's not hard to say no, however. It's not like your photos automatically get uploaded against your will.
Thanks for this info!

Most reactions

Latest posts