What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How can I find out if there is a key logger on the iPad?????? HELP!!!!

ashleyMFnola

iPF Noob
Reaction score
my boyfriend most def has one on his desktop but I'm starting to think it's on the iPad. Can someone plz help me.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
my boyfriend most def has one on his desktop but I'm starting to think it's on the iPad. Can someone plz help me.

Hello and welcome to the forum! :) First, let's forget about your BF's issue w/ his desktop - another story. Second, please provide information on your device: 1) iPad Model; 2) iOS installed; 3) Why do you feel there is a 'key logger'?

Finally, is your iPad 'jailbroken'? - which is likely the only way a key logger could possibly be installed; if not, then you do not have a key logger - now if 'something' new has come out for a stock iDevice, then I'll stand to be corrected - ;) Dave

OP
A

ashleyMFnola

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think it's the iPad air model is A1474 I have NO clue what an iOS is lol and I think there might be one because he's already got one on the desktop. Not to mention he keeps dropping hints like he knows, but I don't do nething wrong. Idk. I just wanna know how far he's taking this crap bc I'm gettin real close to the edge...

OP
A

ashleyMFnola

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh and it's not jail broken...I don't think. Cydia or whatever would be on there right?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I think it's the iPad air model is A1474 I have NO clue what an iOS is lol and I think there might be one because he's already got one on the desktop. Not to mention he keeps dropping hints like he knows, but I don't do nething wrong. Idk. I just wanna know how far he's taking this crap bc I'm gettin real close to the edge...

Hello again Ashley..... - you have a Wi-Fi only Air model (I don't know the capacity in GB?) - iOS is the operating system that is running your iPad (like Windows on a PC) - go to Settings -> General -> About - half way down the right listing, you will find your iPad's capacity (along w/ available space) and the iOS version, current one is 8.1.3 - let us know that information.

You still have not provided any comments on how your BF is possibly 'controlling' your iPad - some detail will help; also, let us know if you have a 'passcode' and if he knows it, i.e. can he use your iPad?

Oh and it's not jail broken...I don't think. Cydia or whatever would be on there right?

Yes, Cydia is correct - go to 'Spotlight' and type in 'Cydia', if no listing of an app is seen, then your iPad is not jailbroken - Dave :)

OP
A

ashleyMFnola

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok there is no Cydia, it's 32GB it says 8.1.3 with (12B466) by it< wasn't sure if that was relevant or not...

OP
A

ashleyMFnola

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also, it's not my iPad, it's his. He goes to work all day and I don't have a phone so I use this to communicate with the outside world and listen to rhapsody lol

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
In that case, if you're worried about a key logger, your only choice would be to stop using his iPad.

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Googling key logger (there are lots of entries) seems to indicate only jail broken IOS devices can be affected

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Gtatler is correct, a keylogger program can't be installed on a stock iPad.

If your using someone else's iPad, the only way they won't know what you've been doing on the device is if you clear out the browser history, sign out of anything you signed into, delete messages, etc. The iPad is designed, essentially, as a one person device, so it "remembers" almost everything put into it. So, you have to manually remove things.

Marilyn

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you want to hide your browsing history in Safari, all you have to do is turn on Private mode.

Tap the double square in the top right corner, tap Private to highlight it. The tool bars will turn a darkish gray. At that point Safari will not store any history or other web data once the tab you are viewing the site in is closed.

I'm kind of getting uncomfortable with the trend of this thread. At the risk of putting my nose where it does not belong, if you and you're boyfriend are playing games with each other's privacy you should probably have a honest conversation about the issue, so that you know where you both stand.

But I'm not a counselor, or Dear Abby; so use your own judgment.

Most reactions

Latest posts