Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by babansultan, Aug 27, 2011.
Pls how do I copy my contacts on the iPad to gmail
I just did this a bit ago, using these instructions (which worked great for me, BTW):
You can use iTunes to upload existing Contacts from your Apple device to Gmail. Only the following information can be uploaded:
* People's names and job titles
* Company names
* Email and postal addresses
* Phone numbers
* IM names, including the type of service
Other information, like custom ringtones and photos, are not uploaded. Please sync them to Outlook first.
1. Connect your iPad to your computer using the USB cable.
2. Open the iTunes application.
3. Select your iPad and click the Info tab.
4. Check the Sync Contacts with option and select Google Contacts from the drop-down menu.
5. Click Configure and enter your Google username and password.
6. Press Apply to sync your device with iTunes.
7. Once you've checked that your contacts are available on the web, disable iTunes Contacts sync with Google. If you don't do this, you'll see duplicate contacts on your iPad
Hope this helps you too. Good luck.
Or you can set up your GMail account on the iPad as an Exchange account (turn off or delete the standard account first).
Setting up Google Sync with your iOS device : Mail, Calendar, & Contacts - Google Mobile Help
Also, when it asks you if you want to Keep, Merge, or Delete your present contacts choose Merge. Delete will replace your iPad contacts with whatever is on Google. Keep (if offered will keep the current contacts separate from the Google contacts (you end up with two contact databases).
Merge may cause duplicate addressees, but Google has tools to clean that up.
Not all contact information will be duplicated to Google. All contacts will end up in My Contacts on Google. Folders and Groups are not supported.
Hi Mickey , thank for your detail step, I try and it work.I should have see this post early .