What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How can I block ads?

navigator123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried to download AdBlocker for Safari today. Safari said it could not download the application.
Is there a way to get and install AdBlock or AdBlocker or similar?

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
Do you mean pop ups? If so go to settings/safari and be sure the popup blocker is on.

The program you tried to download was ether OSX or Windows and not compatible with the ipads OS.....

OP
N

navigator123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, I found the pop-up block on/off button. I mean really getting rid of embedded ads, so they don't even download. I would rather not even see them.

pato_londres

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, are there any thirds party tools or add-ons that will block all adverts from your browser on an iPad? I have a good one on my iMac called 'Adblock', but it is not available for the iPad because Apple has 'closed' the browser to third party development. The only add-on I have found is a jail break add-on with a similar name called 'Adblocker', but I do not want to go down this route unless I cannot find any other solution. I have investigated other browsers for the iPad which offer add-blocking but they all are inferior or do not work!

Ads really spoil my viewing experience especially as regards to on-line newspapers and Facebook, mainly because despite selecting topics of interest to me, they are nearly all totally irelvant verging on spam!

The internet will never make on-line advertising a source of revenue unless they are specifically targeted to the products and firms that interest you. Recent research has shown that Facebook advertising for example is over 90% ineffective!

Last edited:

Temp31

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can download Google Chrome. After that you can google Adblock extension and install it on your browser. It'll block ads all over the web, as long as youre using google chrome. Hopefully that helps!:)

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, are there any thirds party tools or add-ons that will block all adverts from your browser on an iPad? I have a good one on my iMac called 'Adblock', but it is not available for the iPad because Apple has 'closed' the browser to third party development. The only add-on I have found is a jail break add-on with a similar name called 'Adblocker', but I do not want to go down this route unless I cannot find any other solution. I have investigated other browsers for the iPad which offer add-blocking but they all are inferior or do not work!

Ads really spoil my viewing experience especially as regards to on-line newspapers and Facebook, mainly because despite selecting topics of interest to me, they are nearly all totally irelvant verging on spam!

The internet will never make on-line advertising a source of revenue unless they are specifically targeted to the products and firms that interest you. Recent research has shown that Facebook advertising for example is over 90% ineffective!

Unfortunately, your only option IS to jail break and install that "Adblocker" tweak. There's nothing you can do with a stock iPad.

Although, there are some apps that purport to be able to do ad-blocking. Atomic Web Browser and iCab Mobile are two that come to my mind. Have a look at the description of those - maybe they do offer ad-blocking. Or, have a Google and see if any other browsers (that can be run on the iPad) might do ad-blocking.

Marilyn

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
pato_londres said:

FYI, if you use the Facebook app instead of the browser you will not get any ads.

pato_londres

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, I've downloaded Google Chrome on my iPad. I still have ads. How do I get the Adblock extension for the iPad. It would be very helpful if you could provide me with a direct link because I have searched and I keep finding the desktop version for a PC!

followthesapper

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You must have downloaded Google Search as Google haven't released Chrome for iOS yet. You cannot install addons to Google Search I'm afraid. AFAIK the only way to block Ads is through Jailbreaking.

Most reactions

Latest posts