What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How are they delivering them to homes?

NightTrain51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered the new iPad (3) wifi only, 16 GB, my first ever iPad off the Apple website and chose the free shipping. I've been watching the updates from the UPS website and see it will be delivered to my house by the end of the day Friday the 16th. Generally when I receive any shipments from UPS, it is after 5pm though I am not always home then. My question is, using the free shipping option from Apple, anyone here have any idea if they insist someone sign for such an expensive item or do they leave it on the porch if no one is home?

I ordered an iPad smart cover at the same time but they shipped it from a different location and I received it on Thursday, from FedEx instead of UPS and they just left it on my porch. I didn't mind since it is a lot cheaper than the new iPad. I am really excited to receive my first iPad and without standing in line!

ladynikon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All of my accessories came in via FedEX. My iPad is coming to me via UPS. I have a friend who's iPad is coming from FedEx. I really couldn't tell ya how they choose who to ship with..

Patrizia_NC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine is UPS.. Go to your order online under the order there is a form you print out and can leave on the door. You have to sign in. Then they will leave it so you don't have to be home.. Doesn't matter if you are ups or fed ex

IGonz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mine is out for delivery(UPS) I have an 8am appointment for an hour then home for the rest of the day.
They don't normally deliver to my place this early in the morning but i had better fill out that form so they can lock it in my garage.
Just in case.

Wildfire

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I ordered the new iPad (3) wifi only, 16 GB, my first ever iPad off the Apple website and chose the free shipping. I've been watching the updates from the UPS website and see it will be delivered to my house by the end of the day Friday the 16th. Generally when I receive any shipments from UPS, it is after 5pm though I am not always home then. My question is, using the free shipping option from Apple, anyone here have any idea if they insist someone sign for such an expensive item or do they leave it on the porch if no one is home?

I ordered an iPad smart cover at the same time but they shipped it from a different location and I received it on Thursday, from FedEx instead of UPS and they just left it on my porch. I didn't mind since it is a lot cheaper than the new iPad. I am really excited to receive my first iPad and without standing in line!

Apple decides how to ship. UPS,FedEx or by parachute drop, it's their choice. Mine comes FedEx and it specifically states "adult signature required".
Just checked and mine has arrived at the sorting facility in San Antonio around 4 a.m.

I guess by now it will be on the road but they always deliver to business addresses first. So it will be a few hours before I see it. Oh well, after waiting for so long a few more hours won't make a difference. I'm just going to bang my head against the wall a few more times...:eek:

Last edited:

mlaurencg4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My new iPad 3 has been sitting in a Louisville UPS facility since Tuesday morning with no change in its location. So I patiently wait in northern Canada - which will come first, Spring or the iPad?

OP
N

NightTrain51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just received an email notice from UPS that they just delivered my iPad and they left it on the front porch (with no signature).

I just notified a close relative who lives nearby to go to my house and get it and then I will get it from them on my lunch break.

kierandill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just received an email notice from UPS that they just delivered my iPad and they left it on the front porch (with no signature).

I just notified a close relative who lives nearby to go to my house and get it and then I will get it from them on my lunch break.

This is just one example of why FedEx >>> UPS.

OP
N

NightTrain51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It turns out the email notice was incorrect. UPS has left a notice on my door and said they didn't leave my package (new iPad) because it required a signature. The infonotice number says they will try delivery again but it is not clear if they mean later on Friday or on Monday.

V1V1D

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It turns out the email notice was incorrect. UPS has left a notice on my door and said they didn't leave my package (new iPad) because it required a signature. The infonotice number says they will try delivery again but it is not clear if they mean later on Friday or on Monday.

UPS typically tries one more time to deliver toward the end of their routes. If no one is home the 2nd time you will have to wait until Monday. At least that has been my experience with them the 5-6 times I wasn't home.

jags

iPF Noob
Reaction score
UPS typically tries one more time to deliver toward the end of their routes. If no one is home the 2nd time you will have to wait until Monday. At least that has been my experience with them the 5-6 times I wasn't home.
I am waiting becoz my UPS says out for delivery at 04:30 AM, but I am sure I would get it around 1.00 PM PDT

OP
N

NightTrain51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I went to the UPS website and with the 'InfoNoticeNumber' that I typed in, I told them to hold the package at a nearby UPS facility. It says I can pick it up during limited hours on Saturday or Monday through Friday during normal hours. Of course I will be there shortly after they open on Saturday (tomorrow). I'm a little bit disappointed I won't be getting the new iPad on the day of release but assuming all goes well tomorrow, I'm sure I'll get over that quickly.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mine arrived just a bit ago via Fed Ex and is almost done restoring (from an Ipad 1). I've gotten 2 Ipad 1s the same way with no issues.

OP
N

NightTrain51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well even though I directed them to hold it at the UPS facility, I was home at 6:15pm and UPS delivered it to me then! Yes! I'm really glad I ordered mine online and even with engraving, I got it on the day of release!

I'll post a review after using it a few days.

Most reactions

Latest posts