What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how 'anal' are you about your Apple products?

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
personally, i really love my Apple products, but it's only the products i'm interested in. the box and wrapping usually go straight in the bin. cant be assed just storing boxes.

im not worried about re-sale (as i dont re-sell) and, in the UK at least, if i need to return my product im not required to use it's original box by law.

I know i'm probably in the minority here, and i know a lot of people take a grand time slowly opening, unwrapping, sniffing and savouring every Apple product moment when they get home. i find this most strange.

Last edited:

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm semi-anal I guess, I love my apple hardware and yes, I have all the boxes still but to be honest I have no idea why. I have no intention of mounting the boxes over the fireplace or anything and like you I don't tend to sell my apple stuff.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I save boxes for all electronics for about a year. There have been a few times that I've needed them, so I'd rather hold on to them just in case!

Davebarrie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Once your semi-anal it's practically painless to push through to full anal, and it's very rewarding

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After having several tools and devices fail on me I keep all wrapping for the full duration of a warranty. Then I recycle what's possible...

The new repair policies used by big surfaces require that you not bring the failed product to point of purchase but to ship it to a shop often out of state or country. Wrapping a fragile device for shipment is complicated and expensive, why not use the box and foams that came with it?

bored2426

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm crazy. I keep all the boxes for almost every electronic I buy.

Dr.Gee

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Gazelle is buying iPads without boxes.

Edit.that is they aren't asking if you have packaging as they do with other items.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts