What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How 2 download songs on ipad2

reliance

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have got a new ipad2 wifi and trying to find how to make best use in India. 1. Can it be used to dial on friends having iPhone
2. How do we get songs in ipad2.it has iPod application but I am unable to get iTunes on ipad2
3. Can we download Skype on ipad2
4. How do we save a power point file opened from email.
5. I am struggling to load iTunes latest version on my pc. is it possible to get free songs downloaded directly in iPod of ipad2.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have got a new ipad2 wifi and trying to find how to make best use in India. 1. Can it be used to dial on friends having iPhone
2. How do we get songs in ipad2.it has iPod application but I am unable to get iTunes on ipad2
3. Can we download Skype on ipad2
4. How do we save a power point file opened from email.
5. I am struggling to load iTunes latest version on my pc. is it possible to get free songs downloaded directly in iPod of ipad2.

Unless you jailbreak your iPad it cannot be used as a 'normal' mobile 'phone. But there are several apps available for VoIP - such as Skype - which can be downloaded from the App Store. At present there is only an iPhone version of Skype available - but it works fine on the iPad. However, if you read the News Reports on this Forum you'll see that there's an iPad version due out in a day or two, so it might be worth waiting.

If you receive a PowerPoint presentation via email, you'll need a compatible app to be able to save and edit it. Apple's iWorks 'Keynote' app can read, edit and view PowerPoint presentations.

The iPad's Safari app cannot download music tracks but there are other apps that can - such as GoodReader. Also, you can copy your own CD tracks to the iPad using a range of free or paid-for apps - there are literally dozens and they're discussed at length in the Forum so have a look. I use Handbrake for videos; it's free but it's rather slow.

Tim

OP
R

reliance

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
Unless you jailbreak your iPad it cannot be used as a 'normal' mobile 'phone. But there are several apps available for VoIP - such as Skype - which can be downloaded from the App Store. At present there is only an iPhone version of Skype available - but it works fine on the iPad. However, if you read the News Reports on this Forum you'll see that there's an iPad version due out in a day or two, so it might be worth waiting.

If you receive a PowerPoint presentation via email, you'll need a compatible app to be able to save and edit it. Apple's iWorks 'Keynote' app can read, edit and view PowerPoint presentations.

The iPad's Safari app cannot download music tracks but there are other apps that can - such as GoodReader. Also, you can copy your own CD tracks to the iPad using a range of free or paid-for apps - there are literally dozens and they're discussed at length in the Forum so have a look. I use Handbrake for videos; it's free but it's rather slow.

Tim

Thanks a lot for your feedback.

Most reactions

Latest posts