What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

housing replacement need help!!!

kinglui77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I recently replaced the housing on my ipad2, i noticed on the left side of the housing there was two strips of magnets. when i removed the magnets their were two plastic parts were the magnets screwed in to. i tried removing them to use in the new housing but i couldn't get them to budge. so i left out the magnets and put the ipad back together but now the digitizer is not responding. i know its due to the magnets i just need to know where i can find the part were the magnets screw in to.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It is highly unlikely that the magnets have anything to do with the digitizer. I'd look for another cause.

On the other side of things, the magnet mounts are probably being held in place by an adhesive. Carefully warming the housing might soften it up enough for you to remove them. Be careful not to get it hot enough to damage the plastic mounts.

This is all guess work. You can probably find better instructions and information on ifixit.com

Good luck.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Being as they're on the left side of the housing, those magnets are what holds the Smart Cover onto the iPad case. I'm with twerppoet in that they have nothing to do with the digitizer.

Brian 244

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The previous posters are correct , the magnets have nothing to do with he digitizer. Make sure that the digitizer cable is inserted properly into the FPC connectors and the little flaps are locked down. If the digitizer is still not working then it could be faulty or was damaged in the installation process.

OP
K

kinglui77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks for the help guys. I took it apart again the digitizer is working fine now, but i ran in to another problem the sleep button isn't working now. it turns on and off its just not sleeping.

Brian 244

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Do a reset first by holding home and power button for 10 seconds. If that doesn't work, check the connection for the sleep button cable. If no luck there then it's likely that the cable connecting the sleep button to the circuit board was damaged when you removed the digitizer and will need to be replaced.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just to rule out the possibility of something in settings causing the problem with not getting the iPad to go to sleep, go to Settings>General>Reset>Reset All Settings. This will not erase any data but will restore all settings to default settings.

Most reactions

Latest posts