1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Hotspot question

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by jcherepy, Jan 9, 2013.

1. jcherepy

jcherepy iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I did a quick search, but I could find an answer. If I set up my iPad 3 as a hotspot, does it have to be "awake" in order to function? Would I have to set Autolock to never?

Thanks,
    Bill
  2. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,691 / 0
    I'm going to go with "No."

I don't have an active data account for the iPad, so I tried this on my iPhone. I activated the iPhone's hotspot feature and connected the iPad to that hotspot. Then, I put the phone to sleep (pressed the button on the top. The connection is still active and I was still able to access the Internet (among other things - I also tried the App Store ... no problems).

So, given that it works fine when the iPhone is asleep, I see no reason why it wouldn't work the same if you were using the iPad to provide the hotspot.

Marilyn
  3. jcherepy

jcherepy iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the reply. I suspected that was the case.

Bill