What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HotSpot Control

JebNY

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a 3rd generation Verizon iPad and we use the built in HorSpot with really only one problems. The problem is the HotSpot goes away almost instantly when you close the last connection to it. I have been looking for a way or an app that would hold the HS on either till we tell it to shut off or at least for a reasonable length of time. It would be nice if the HS just stayed on if it was plugged in. When we are camping we can be on and off the internet many times and it is a pain to have to restart it each time.

Jim...

OP
J

JebNY

iPF Noob
Reaction score
With no responses, I guess no one finds this to be a problem or there is no solution.

Jim...

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Never found a solution to this one. I use the hotspot on my iPhone. Sometimes it does as you describe, and closes even though it's on in Settings. I usually have to switch the hotspot off and back on again to get it to work.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Walt Cullop

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is annoying so I just started hooking my laptop to it with the cord on the rare occasion I need the laptop.

Most reactions