What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hotmail problem post-update

derekinfrance

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I updated iPad and now find that hotmail won't send. I get the message that SMTP address or password is incorrect. However, I made no changes to SMTP nor to hotmail address, password etc.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Go to your settings and make sure everything is right. Also access the account through a browser and ensure that the password is correct.

The easiest solution for problems with email accounts, and the one that will help in most cases, would be to delete the account and set it up again.

Last edited:
OP
D

derekinfrance

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for that. I did check the settings and they are OK. The mail system worked OK on my iMac - but I don't have my iMac with me (I'm travelling). The problem only occurred after I updated the iPad to iOS 7.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you have more than one account set up for the Mail app?
My Outlook account sometimes tries to send emails through another account, and this doesn't work. I have to make sure from time to time that the address in "From" is my Outlook email address, when I send and email.

To access the account through a browser, you can also use Safari on your iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts