What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

hotmail email - can't see pictures in emails

Stefx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi
I have a few emails in hotmail and I can't see the attached pictures ... is there something I'm missing or a function I don't know about?
thanks

Purpleorchid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Are they .jpg images or some other file type?

In Settings | Mail, there is a Load Remote Images option. On will load them automatically (if it's a supported picture file type). Off would require you to load them manually when reading the email.

OP
S

Stefx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, They're jpg
Remote loading is on
I still can't see the picture, and when I'm in the hotmail email, there's no button/function like "load pictures" or "show pictures".

When I'm in folder view it does show the paperclip, meaning there is an attachment.
I just can'T find a way to view the picture

I'm using Safari, loggin on hotmail.com directly

Purpleorchid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oh. Using hotmail.com doesn't load images or other attachments. It's because hotmail.com on your iPad/iPhone is the mobile version and thus doesn't do attachments well.

Those settings I mention are for using the built in Mail application and setting up your Hotmail account there. Once you do that, and use the Mail application instead to read your email, you'll be able to see pictures that people send to your Hotmail account.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts