What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hotel Wi-Fi

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I also am concerned about using public wifi, so I got a payed VPN from App Store that was easy to set up and is pretty reasonably priced. Sometimes you just have to use wi fi for those big down loads. ( thanks MacDonald's) It doesn't bother me to check Email , or log into accounts when it's on. LOVE THE IPAD FORUM!

Black_Soul33

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HardMetalAlchemy said:
Simply turn on wifi and it'll show up with a list of wifi addresses, so look for the one that matches the name of where you are. If it doesn't match, just ask an employee.

Isn't that illegal ?

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
When you arrive at the hotel, restaurant, whatever, launch the Settings app and look at the Wi-Fi tab. If there's a network that appears to match the establishment and it has no lock icon, just select it and you're in. You may have to agree to some terms. If there's a lock icon, ask if the password is available to customers. Sometimes it's for internal use only, such as point of sale terminals, but most hotels, motels, restaurants, and coffee shops have free customer wifi these days. Also many gas stations, highway rest stops, and tourist info centers.

Public wifi is safe as long as you don't transmit any sensitive personal information. Don't log onto any websites that require typing a password, don't do any banking or other financial business, don't type your address or phone number into a browser or email message. If your browser transmits a previously-stored password via an SSL-encrypted connection, there shouldn't be any security issue. Don't worry about reading email or catching up on news or weather, or uploading vacation shots to YouTube or Flickr from on the road.

This post handcrafted from 100 percent post-consumer recycled electrons.

Most reactions

Latest posts