What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hot to get the photo icon back if you, lost it ?

lucas.paiva12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know I still have the app because I searched for it I know is there but I can't the icon

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The only recommendation I can give you is to search again. You cannot delete the stock Photo icon (the one that Apple "gives" you with your new iPad).

Maybe it's just, somehow, moved to another page? Just keep swiping.

Or, who knows, maybe your iPad's having a bad day. Have you tried a reboot (hold both the sleep button and the home button down until the screen goes dark and then the white apple icon shows)? That's been known to help a lot of iPad quirky behavior...

Sorry, but that's all I got for you.

OP
L

lucas.paiva12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yh I found it, it went to another page and because I went so quick through them so quick that I didn't see it. Thx for that.

Last edited:

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Lucas and welcome to the forum - :)

Not sure 'how many' apps you have added nor how you have organize them, but if there are ones you use constantly, placing them at the bottom in the 'dock area' will keep the icon always available as you scroll through your app pages; my photo icon is there.

Also, if you do have dozens of apps on the iPad and if not already done, try to arrange them into folders which helps me greatly in not having to scroll through numerous pages. The online or downloaded iPad manual explains these options if you've not already looked.

Good luck!

GlenL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To search for apps that may be hidden within folders or pages, just keep going to the left-most page until you see the Search bar. From there you can type in your app name that you're trying to find!

Rog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is your iPad jail broken?
FaceTime may be turned off in restrictions and if so, it will not show.

Sent from my huge iPod touch via IPF.

Rog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jailbreak ipad2? Oh yea, my bad.

Glad you got it fixed.

Sent from my huge iPod touch via IPF.

Most reactions

Latest posts