What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

hot ipad charger

zweke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed how hot the charger becomes after about 15 minutes?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed how hot the charger becomes after about 15 minutes?

Absolutely not - mine remains cool to the touch - but then I live in Scotland, where the ambient temperature isn't that high....:(

Tim

Reaction score
The charger does warm up during the charging, this is caused by the charger converting the input voltage of 240V, or 110V, depending on your location to an output voltage of 5V. This conversion process is not 100% efficient, so some of the energy causes an increase in Entropy, through the only true universal waste form of energy: Heat.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mine too, I thought it was fairly normal, it takes a lot to charge up our babies!

from Somerset UK on my iPad using IPF app

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine doesnt get hot just lightly warm, but then its still cold, so many once summer hits.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My charger gets hot, too. I'm not going to sweat it unless there's a recall or it bursts into flames.

Most reactions

Latest posts