What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hooking iPad up to two displays

Phkc070408

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My wife and I are going to Japan next year, and the plane ride is 14 hours. The plane has individual video displays at each seat, and you can plug your iPad or iPhone into it, and watch your movie on their screen. My wife and I would like to both watch a movie on my iPad, and it would be nice if we could use our video displays, since it is tough viewing the other person's display. The connection is a USB plug. My question is:

If I were to buy a USB splitter, and go from the lightening cable to the USB splitter, and two USB cables into our AVOD systems, would the iPad send data through both cables?

I'm not sure if the integration between the airplane and the iPad is done through the AVOD system, or if it's plug and play, so I understand there may be risk there.

Please advise.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My wife and I are going to Japan next year, and the plane ride is 14 hours. The plane has individual video displays at each seat, and you can plug your iPad or iPhone into it, and watch your movie on their screen. My wife and I would like to both watch a movie on my iPad, and it would be nice if we could use our video displays, since it is tough viewing the other person's display. The connection is a USB plug. My question is:

If I were to buy a USB splitter, and go from the lightening cable to the USB splitter, and two USB cables into our AVOD systems, would the iPad send data through both cables?

I'm not sure if the integration between the airplane and the iPad is done through the AVOD system, or if it's plug and play, so I understand there may be risk there.

Please advise.
I note you have not yet received a reply to your question, an interesting one clearly expressed and deserving of an answer IMO. I regret I don't have an answer myself, but I am transferring your thread to the iPad Help forum where you stand a better chance of getting a response. Good luck!
Regards, Andrew
EDIT effected before realizing the age of the OPs post;) Still may help someone hopefully

Last edited:

Most reactions