What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Home Sweet home (Chat)

OP
Powered Player

Powered Player

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Quick question, for the people who know Texas' reputation, when you think of Texas does the first thing that comes into your mind something like Cowboys, Hillbillies, country, RURAL, cows, horses, cattle, rednecks, weird country accent, or anything that is similar to this, I just want to see what other people think of Texas, because when I was a little kid I remember thinking that Texas had a huge desert and cowboys when only half of that is true, TX does not have a huge desert, but it does have a really really small one, and cowboys with a country accent? Or hillbillies? well I never knew where people got hillbillies from, since I live in a city people here seem to speak perfect English with a slight southern accent but it isn't like, hey howdy folks jus came back from from hurdling som' rough cattle, it's more like Hello how are you? Or Hello how are y'all. Even though most if Texas is rural (land wise) by population wise most people live in Texas' 5 major cities known as the Texaplex (When you look at a freeway map of Texas you will see a huge triangle that connects Dallas, Fort Worth, Austin, San Antonio, Hou.....) which is where 80% of Texas population lives, and last cowboys, yes Texas had cowboys and still has them but they aren't the wild cowboys that most people expect, they are just people who raise cattle and don't usually go in huge adventures. I just wanted to see what others think if Texas because whenever I was in the Internet I noticed how many people made fun of Texas but what made me laugh was that everything they posted is false and if its real well I haven't seen any of those things people consider Texas culture. Like I was saying please state what you first think when you hear Texas, thanks! (just for no reason i will say this lol, the word y'all is mostly used in the Southern USA and is actually spreading to the north since in the north most people say hello how are you all people, for us it's easier to say y'all and save ourselves the trouble of writing ou and y lol)

Reaction score
I think about slide blues in either Open E or D tunings! Dat 1800s feel!

A Commodore 64 a day keeps the Apple II away!

OP
Powered Player

Powered Player

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sometimes I lose pride in my city.... Fort Worth, im the type of person who likes giant buildings all over the place, and I've been wasting time trying to find any new developments for Fort Worth Skyscrapers, I decided to see the cities' height restrictions and now my pride for the city has dropped more than half way.... The tallest skyscraper allowed outside of downtown Fort Worth is at least 280ft which the tallest building in Fort Worth is a little over 500ft and it doesn't look tall, apparently Fort Worth is blinded and still hasn't started building up, instead they keep building long wide structures which take up land, and I hate when cities do that. Fort Worth is planing to build "skyscrapers" for the river vision but the thing is that the design for those skyscrapers are less than 1/3 of the tallest building in Fort Worth, so there plan is to basically build thin stick buildings that are very short. Actually the only place in Fort Worth that has "No height limit" is downtown which if I had a company I would hate to place a modern skyscraper near the old buildings in downtown Fort Worth, and would rather build one near the river or in other business districts. *Sigh I hope my city catches on soon, it seems like Fort Worth is stuck in time, if they don't become smart by then the whole city will be covered with individual houses and Fort Worth will remain the only City in the world over 1million population that has a horrible skyline with stick buildings.

Most reactions

Latest posts