What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Home Sharing

GenerationX

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had this problem. These are the things I did

Make sure that both Ids are the same

Go to edit - preferences - sharing - tick the "share my library"

Advanced - turn on home sharing

Also , try to find out how to authorize audible account

Hope this helps

desaun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you tried rebooting both the computer and the iPad? I had the same problem when I set up home sharing on my PC and iPad.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Just wanted to join this thread - received my 'new' iPad2 a week or so ago and trying to understand and use its various features, including this option of 'Home Sharing' - :D

Now, I have iTunes on a VISTA laptop & my music on an iPod Touch (2nd G w/ 4.x OS) - I'd love to just 'stream' my iPod music to the iPad but have not succeeded at the moment - I've done virtually all of the previous posts suggested but w/o success - will look forward to additional comments.

Another question for me is that I plan to travel w/ my iPod & iPad - at hotels we stay, Wi-Fi is offered - can the music on my iPod still use 'Home Sharing' when we are away from the laptop described above? Just trying to figure out what is possible w/ these devices? Thanks all -:)

Reaction score
@giradman

HomeSharing works between a desktop/laptop and an iOS device. What it does not let you do is stream music from one iOS device to another. So going down this road, if you are in a hotel without laptop you can't use HomeSharing either. A laptop/computer running iTunes is needed, as all media get's accessed from there.

There may be some apps to workaround this, but I am not aware of any good ones.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
@giradman

HomeSharing works between a desktop/laptop and an iOS device. What it does not let you do is stream music from one iOS device to another. So going down this road, if you are in a hotel without laptop you can't use HomeSharing either. A laptop/computer running iTunes is needed, as all media get's accessed from there.

There may be some apps to workaround this, but I am not aware of any good ones.

Thanks DUMI - I'll continue to try at least to connect in the home - on the road, if I plan to take my iPod & iPad2 (just trying to simplify the process), then I'll rely on my iPod for my music (I have a nice little set of Altec Lansing portable speakers that give decent sound in a hotel room). Won't be an important issue when traveling - thanks again for the prompt response - :)

Reaction score
PairShare seems to do it, but it works over Bluetooth.

ReplicaPro also let's you access the other iOS devices iPod music, but the interface is clumsy, to say the least and it doesn't have proper playlist support.

Song exporter Pro may be a good approach. It shares your whole iPod library over wifi. Meaning you just enter the devices IP address into any browser from the same network and you can than stream any song. It doesn't seem to have playlist's though, or I haven't found them, yet.

There should be a simple app which just streams music from one iOS device to another.

Most reactions

Latest posts