What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Home Sharing my ipad 2 with my laptop not working! Any idea?

TanjayLady6204

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've just set up home sharing between my ipad 2 and my laptop but it is not working...re-started both devices, still not working...

elija.wattson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am being baffled by the exact situation I think… I am not a MAC owner… I found this board from a Google search. I am running an HP AMD Dual Core PC & an Acer Netbook. I also have an iPod Touch 4. I am running a home network with a Netgear Router. The PC’s are connected via the router and talking to each other seamlessly, even using Windows 7’s Homegroup to share all the libraries on the PCs… I am running iTunes 10.4.1.10 - the latest updates installed.I have authorized both computers in iTunes. I have turned on Home Sharing on both computers. I am able to access via Home Sharing on my iPod Touch 4 and am able to stream from my libraries in iTunes.

Just like you have mentioned, when I activate Home Sharing, I get the “Shared†with “Home Sharing†listed on the left panel. I get the instruction that says to, “Use the same account, “[email protected]†when turning on Home Sharing for your other computers. They will appear below Shared in the iTunes window. Home Sharing is for personal use.†When I click “Done†the “Shared†in the left panel disappears. This happens on both computers.

OP
T

TanjayLady6204

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Eventually, i was able to listen to my music from my laptop using my ipad 2! that works...i restarted both devices and when i checked my music on my ipad, everything i got in my laptop is on the ipad and i was able to listen to them. I still need to explore this feature..at least i know now that it works.

Most reactions

Latest posts