What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Home sharing...more than one iTunes account ?

Dr.Gee

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Can you share stuff from different accounts?

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Supposedly you can, but I personally have not tried it. If you go to Help in iTunes (on your computer) and search the index for Home Sharing, all of the instructions are there.

ChileRick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep, no prob. We use 2 separate accounts, w/ different names and credit cards, and share between 2 iPads, 2 iPhones, and 3 iPods. You do have to log in with the appropriate account when updating.

OP
Dr.Gee

Dr.Gee

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Next question.have you notice accepting iTunes updates on one will get disseminated to the rest?

mikey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have three accounts (2 iPhones and 1 iPad that share the same iTunes account with no problems. Just need to ensure auto sync in disabled as it can take an age to get your content back as you had it, especially the music!

mx1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would rather bump then start a new thread, hope you guys don't mind.

Just want to make sure I have the understanding of Home Sharing correct.
I have an iPad, the wife has the iTouch, we each have different iTunes accounts on different "profiles" on the iMac.

We wold like to share the movies we purchase, so do we each have to home share our accounts, or can just one of do it?

Thank you

t

King Hal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't believe you will be able to "share" movies in the way you want. I may wrong.

Most reactions

Latest posts