What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Home Sharing issue -no Shared library in music player

cohack11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have my PC up and running iTunes and I'm signed in. I have my iPad music set up for home sharing and have the same Apple ID assigned and turned on. I go to the music play and press the 'More' tab and there is no shared library option. I have been all over the web regarding this and all i can find is how to do what I've already done.

Any suggestions?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you tried turning off home sharing on the PC and back on again. That sometimes kicks it into life.

I assume you are running the latest version of iTunes. Earlier versions were not always very compliant, in my experience.

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just in case, is your PC is on the same wireless as your iPad or iPhone? It can be wireless or cabled to the router, but you must be on the same wireless for it to work.

OP
C

cohack11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Figured it out...thanks

Thank you for the suggestions. I figured it out. I read somewhere that when you sign in to "share library" in iTunes it sends the SSID or network name and user name information (can't remember for sure). Anyway, I recently bought a new wireless router and for some reason Windows 7 decided to keep the name of my old network as the active network but updated all the other new network information. I simply went in on the host PC and changed the name of the active network (where the bench icon is in Network and Sharing Center) and then it matched my iPad (which was set up correctly to connect in the first place). I guess the moral of the story is to make sure the iPad and host PC the library is on have matching network name, etc. information. Why Win 7 would keep the old network name is a mystery to me...but then again it's Windows.

Most reactions

Latest posts