What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

home button

sanettestrydom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I go into program and want to go bavk to home screen it doesn't go back if I press home button. I have rebootef the ipad then it is on home screen when I switch in on again. Whats wrong. Regards sanette,

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Does your Home button work for other things, like waking the iPad, double click for the toolbar, and going back to the first Home Screen?

If not, or if it only works intermittently then your Home button may be failing.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the Forum!

If your home button is becoming unresponsive, you can recalibrate it using the following steps.

Launch one of the native apps on your iPad. Eg. Weather, iTunes etc.

Press and hold the power button until the “slide to power off” notice appears and then release the power button.

Then press and hold the home button until the the “slide to power off” notice disappears and the app you were using should have now closed.

You should be on your home screen and your home button should now be recalibrated!

Let us know if this makes a difference for you.

kelB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If all else fails you can get a HOME button via onscreen assistive touch

Settings > general > Accessibility > assistive touch

My daughters iPhone 4 has a temperamental home button, so I added this to her screen just in case.

ryos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Really depends if the button works for other tasks

Most reactions

Latest posts