What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Home button: yes/no/indifferent

Would you like future iPads to have a home button?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

xune

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Would like a future iPad to be "home-button-less"?

After seeing 4.3 myself in person, I would indeed like to go button-free on the iPad .. home button that is. A rocker volume is still welcome in my book.

If the iPads of the future still have home buttons, no big. Perhaps just the option to use multiple finger gestures to pinch to home, swipe between apps, and hide/unhide the multitask tray would be nice.

Maybe that makes me indifferent, but if there weren't one, I'd be just fine without.

In any case, what's your preference for your want of an iPad without a home button?

Last edited:

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
<======= crossing fingers that this does not become another "I want my screen rotation switch back!" thread!

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Certainly with current design of the user interface and apps it's needed.
No reason for it to remain a mechanical button though, but until we know about future iOS revisions it's here to stay.

If it does change, it mustn't become too complicated or they'll lose that intuitive facility which appeals from toddlers to centenarians.

666fff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bring back the home button!

Attachments

• image-4005188790.jpg
    image-4005188790.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 454

Yakuzagang5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I say add it as an option, but keep the home button. Why not have both? IMO, clicking or double clicking the home button is intuitive, whereas learning all these swipe gestures makes it a little more tedious. Especially since many apps take advantage of a lot of fingers input lol

Digikid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I say add it as an option, but keep the home button. Why not have both? IMO, clicking or double clicking the home button is intuitive, whereas learning all these swipe gestures makes it a little more tedious. Especially since many apps take advantage of a lot of fingers input lol

Good point. Never thought of it but those dumb gestures could get in the way of a few apps. Take Uzu or Moonlight for example.

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like the Home Button and have had it with my iPhone for going on 4 years, so it can be left alone. But I agree, LOL, hope this doesn't become screen orientation lock debate either! Home Button is pretty intuitive, but no problem to give people the option.

Henning737

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My cell is a Palm Pre - love the the gestures! I would not miss the home button at all!

Most reactions

Latest posts