Home Button Issues

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by mabyrnes, Jan 2, 2013.

1. mabyrnes

mabyrnes iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My home button on ipad2 is not working. Tried holding the home button and turning it from landscape to portrait. It worked once. Any other solutions?
  2. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,867 / 0
    Hello. I've moved your question to its own thread. You had it attached to someone else's conversation and it was therefore off-topic. When you wish to ask a question that does not go along with the current discussion, please start a new thread, as I have done here. Thanks.

That said, can you clarify your issue? Holding the Home button does not make the screen rotate from portrait to landscape and vice versa. Just tipping/turning the iPad does that. We'll need a bit more specifics on how the Home button is misbehaving. Thanks.

Marilyn
  3. kilgerzz

kilgerzz iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Try- Settings > general > accessibility > Assistive touch
  4. therealriley

therealriley iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21 / 0
    Try recalibrating it. Remove all the apps in your taskbar first.

Step 1: Launch one of the stock apps on your iDevice (Weather, iTunes, Stocks, etc.).

Step 2: Press and hold the power button until you see the "slide to power off" prompt, then release the power button.

Step 3: Press and hold you home button until the the "slide to power off" prompt disappears and the app force quits.

You should now be on your home screen and your home button should be recalibrated!
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2013