What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

hold apps. doesn't wiggle

dobbey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was at the shops earlier, and went on an ipad for some reason. I tried to rearrange the apps but they would never wiggle. Just wondering if there is a setting or the shop could somehow "lock" the position.
Just wondering...

Sent from my Desire HD using iPad Forums

DICKNPHYL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did you hold your finger on an icon solidly for 2-3secs. Should work.
DICKSTER-----

OP
D

dobbey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep. Held for as long as 1 minute

Sent from my Desire HD using iPad Forums

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, retail units can be provisioned like that. It is also evident on iPhone4's that you see in shops (usually). There is no hidden setting you can enable on a standard build AFAIK though.

DICKNPHYL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try a reboot of iPad---hold down the home key and the power key on the rh lower side til your scree goes to the power of message at the top.
Follow instruction, and the turn back on w/ power button. Things get confused sometimes .
DICKSTER-----

Sent from my iPad using iPF

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yes, you can make it do that on your iPad too. It's under Settings > General > Restrictions. Simply turn off the ability to Delete Apps.

If you set up Restrictions then be sure to remember the four digit code you set, or you'll have to restore the iPad to undo it later.

Edit: Oops, didn't read closely enough. This won't stop you from being able to rearrange the apps. Sorry.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts