What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hoe to restore iPad from an alternative backup

Sverdlov1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone have a procedure to restore iPad from a different backup than one stored in the Mobile Sync folder?

Is it possible?

darthluke12694

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Sverdlov1 said:
Does anyone have a procedure to restore iPad from a different backup than one stored in the Mobile Sync folder?

Is it possible?

What other backups do you have? If you have a different backup, copy the folder and paste it in your Mobile Sync folder. Then restore via iTunes.

tmno2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wasn't there a function in iTunes some time ago where you held down the shift button and double clicked on iTunes icon and it came up with the ability to select from the various backups stored in the iTunes directory.
As it's so long since I have used iTunes I don't know if this function is still available.
Hope this helps.

darthluke12694

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
tmno2 said:
Wasn't there a function in iTunes some time ago where you held down the shift button and double clicked on iTunes icon and it came up with the ability to select from the various backups stored in the iTunes directory.

I tried that and it didn't work for me. You can go to edit, then preferences, then click devices to see all of the backups you have. But if you want to restore your device, just right click your device when connected to iTunes, and then select the restore date.

Most reactions

Latest posts