What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hitchhiker's Guide Wallpaper

wot_fan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have heard the iPad compared to the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Universe a number of times so I went looking for an appropriate wallpaper. Here is an iPad friendly version of the one I found. It works well on the lock screen.

BTW, there are more wallpapers in our wallpaper section. Check them out when you have time and if you have a good wallpaper, please share it ;).

DontPanic.png

OP
wot_fan

wot_fan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. I was beginning to think that I was the only HHGttU fan on the forum ;).

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. I was beginning to think that I was the only HHGttU fan on the forum ;).

I really loved that movie. My wife thinks I'm nuts but I can watch over and over again. Hey wot fan, are you planning on making any Matrix wallpapers? Particularly "Matrix Code" type wallpaper? BTW will any 1024 sized wallpapers correctly fit the ipad?

OP
wot_fan

wot_fan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I get a chance, I'll see what I can find for matrix wallpapers. I'll let you know.

Actually any size image seems to work for wallpaper. The best size though is 1024x1024. That way the image will remain centered when the iPad is rotated. Also the iPad will not have to scale the image to make it fit the display.

Be aware though that when in landscape a small strip (128 pixels) on each side of the image will not be visible. When in portrait, the small strips will be on the top and bottom. It is therefore best if the main thing in the image is centered.

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I get a chance, I'll see what I can find for matrix wallpapers. I'll let you know.

Actually any size image seems to work for wallpaper. The best size though is 1024x1024. That way the image will remain centered when the iPad is rotated. Also the iPad will not have to scale the image to make it fit the display.

Be aware though that when in landscape a small strip (128 pixels) on each side of the image will not be visible. When in portrait, the small strips will be on the top and bottom. It is therefore best if the main thing in the image is centered.

Cool, thanks wot fan.

Ghuda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
wot fan, this is great! i talk about hitchhikers and most people look at me like i am out of my mind.

I have the BBC vinyl recordings when they did it live on-air. I just wish i still had a turntable hooked up.

OP
wot_fan

wot_fan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I really loved that movie. My wife thinks I'm nuts but I can watch over and over again. Hey wot fan, are you planning on making any Matrix wallpapers? Particularly "Matrix Code" type wallpaper? BTW will any 1024 sized wallpapers correctly fit the ipad?
I added a matrix wallpaper to the wallpaper section. Wouldn't be cool if we could have animated backgrounds?

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I added a matrix wallpaper to the wallpaper section. Wouldn't be cool if we could have animated backgrounds?

Thank you so much wot fan! And yea, an animated code would be freaking awesome!

winwaed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.geowebguru.com
:) if Douglas Adams was still around, I'm sure he'd commission a hitchhiker's guide app - yes I've already looked.... (the AppStore only has ebooks so far)

Richard
(hand-tapped on my iPad)

Ron_L

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, wot fan! The wallpaper has started almost as many conversations as the iPad itself :D

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
GrendelPrime said:
With towel day coming up on the 25th, this should come in handy.
The 25th is Towel Day? I'm there!

Geek out!
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Towel_Day?wasRedirected=true

Most reactions

Latest posts