What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Highlighting in Pages

Libbylee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know you can buy an app for editing PDFs. But can you buy one that will offer highlighting and notes for a document in pages? I really could use some help. Thanks very much.

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know you can buy an app for editing PDFs. But can you buy one that will offer highlighting and notes for a document in pages? I really could use some help. Thanks very much.

You can change the Font properties, color etc. for highlighting points by using the INSPECTION button. Flick the pop up list upwards to reveal your options.

That is called a STYLE. Once defined you can copy and pate that style on other text in your document.

Radas_cz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry but I don't understand what I should do to make it...Would you describe it step by step? Thanks...

drPr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You cannot highlight. All you can do is change the color of the text itself.

Blackhart

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try iannotate PDF you can edit highlight add to sign and make change it is spendy but a must have for work
I filled out a 25 page tax form using this in just 30 mins emailed in /emailed out way cool

drPr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How would that app allow people to highlight Pages documents?

Blackhart

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
You can export any document from Pages to PDF and then highlight text on the exported PDF

Yes what he said tks

drPr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That would help some people, but unfortunately not those of us who need to work in .doc files or cannot use PDF. I have students who cannot open PDF files, for example. I guess we'll have to hope that this feature appears in a future update.

drPr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
4phun said:
Who can not open a PDF?

Even android can open a PDF with a cheap app.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Well, consider yourself privileged, then. I teach at a college where some students are lucky to have a roof over their head let alone an Android. Two of my students lost their housing this semester alone. Those without Internet rely on school computers, not all of which have the latest/greatest software or function properly.

Most reactions