What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hide icons?

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I used to use sbsettings to hide stock apps I don't use (iTunes, game center, etc.) along with apps I don't want other people seeing (like my password vault). But now Sbsettings crashes every time I click hide icons or select app folders. Anyway, is there a Cydia app/tweak or anything that will hide apps?

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sonicrobby said:
I used to use sbsettings to hide stock apps I don't use (iTunes, game center, etc.) along with apps I don't want other people seeing (like my password vault). But now Sbsettings crashes every time I click hide icons or select app folders. Anyway, is there a Cydia app/tweak or anything that will hide apps?

You obviously recently installed a tweak that is causing sbsettings to crash.
Can you list ONLY the tweaks you installed? And perhaps we can narrow it down....

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
While you still need to figure out what causes your SBSettings tto crash....

The app/tweak "Poof" does a good job of hiding icons.

I use it because I, too, had an SBSettings crashing issue which I only solved (accidently) after I upgraded to 4.3.3. Evidently, SBSettings hates it if you put a mobile substrate type tweak in the dock... Who knew?!?

Anyway. Try Poof. It should work for you, tho, of course and as always, YMMV.

Marilyn

OP
Sonicrobby

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm not too concerned about my Sbsettings right now.

Thank you!! Poof was exactly what I was looking for!

justme26

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sonicrobby said:
I'm not too concerned about my Sbsettings right now.

Thank you!! Poof was exactly what I was looking for!

I can't find poof for iPad. Is their a different name for it?

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
new tweak available, not sure how it works.
Photo-Aug-14-1-41-33-PM-e1313347598509.png

justme26

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Poser said:

I guess I should tell u I'm new to iPad. What is a tweak? Is it an app that I download? ....ok also new to the lingo

Last edited:

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Poser said:

I guess I should tell u I'm new to iPad and I don't know what a tweak is.. I didn't see icon stuff in my settings. Can u give me some detail?

everything mentioned in this thread, can only be done if jailbroken.

simply said, a tweak allows for more customization to our devices, but we have to be jailbroken to add new tweaks available daily, to enhance more possible options to our devices, that apple sometimes don't approve of...
example...the one i posted above, does that look like something you would like, that is not found on a stock device. Take note that some are paid and some usually free, and is not available in the apple store.

justme26

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Poser said:
everything mentioned in this thread, can only be done if jailbroken.

simply said, a tweak allows for more customization to our devices, but we have to be jailbroken to add new tweaks available daily, to enhance more possible options to our devices, that apple sometimes don't approve of...
example...the one i posted above, does that look like something you would like, that is not found on a stock device. Take note that some are paid and some usually free, and is not available in the apple store.

If it would allow me to hide icons... Sure, I would like it...so what do I do next?

justme26

iPF Noob
Reaction score
justme26 said:
If it would allow me to hide icons... Sure, I would like it...so what do I do next?

Also.. I can't figure out how to respond to u without hitting the quote .... No I'm really not stupid

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sure, go ahead and jailbreak ... but only if you have an iPad2 on iOS 4.3.3 or an iPad1 on iOS 4.x. Those are the only available jailbreaks to date. Without jailbreaking, you can't access Cydia (where these tweaks are).

Let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts