What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hide Apps from Appstore?

ch4rly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
I am happy with a specific version of an App and don't want to get informed that an update is available. So I want to hide it from the Appstore. Is there an Cydia App for that?
I already installed PrivaCy but feel there is still to much data sent...
Thanks in advance!

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You're only being informed that an update is available. No one is forcing you to take it.

locus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yup but like the OP I hate the little red number on the icon telling me there is an update available, I wool like to make that go away. Is there a way to make the number go away ?

OP
ch4rly

ch4rly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I found a solution!
If the metadata (iTunesMetadata.plist) is removed, the App is invisible for the Appstore.

Last edited:

mikeindc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
this isnt an odd request at all. i have an update for a game that is huge, and my ipad is telling me there isnt enough space to install it. the update makes the game work on an older version of ios that doesnt apply to me, and it has bug fixes for non-english versions. i dont need or want it. i will have to either uninstall the game which i dont want to do (i like it) or remove movies or games to allow enough space to install the update. i just want to hide it.

so, it's most definitely not an odd request at all. it's a reasonable and useful request. just sayin

madsquabbles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sometimes there's no reason to update if everything's fine the way you have. updating just for the sake of updating can cause more problems than fixes. i wait a few days before updating anything and read the reviews.

plus, for some reason, i sometimes can't update just single apps i end up having to do an update all for it to work.

BobMcFish

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree that it's not an odd question. I have seven updates I want and one I don't want. It's the Tomtom US Verison update which is of no benefit to me in the UK and Tomtom themselves say this. I can just update the others but one after the other? Six of them? What if I had twenty updates and couldn't use the Update All option without getting the update I don't need. If I hide the Tomtom app using the XML option suggested (great idea by the way but only if you never want to update an app) I won't be notified of relevant apps
So, anyone found another way?
If I find one I will post it back
:)

Most reactions

Latest posts