What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi

martijn1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

I am new to apple and this is my first apple product, im very glad with it
But now i am wondering,once one off my friends told me that i need to leave the battery life down until 5% and then reload it,otherwise the battery could die.
Is this true or can i just reload when i want

Thanks

Martijn1

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there and welcome.

No, you can do that maybe once a month just to calibrate the battery but your battery is not going to die.....I rarely run my battery down yet when I need it I get a full 10 hours out of it.

There is lots of good advice and info on here plus plenty of members all too willing to help with any problems.

Remember, search is your friend.......and please don't forget to read the rules http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html & hacking section rules for all you jail breakers (and would be jail breakers) http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/2892-hacking-section-rules-please-read.html

We also have an app for this forum. A link to download the app is: Discussion Forum for iPad Users for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

The Archangel

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

OP
M

martijn1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also would like to know
Im watching televesion on my ipad from my provider,does this cost moneyor is this for free?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
martijn1 said:
I also would like to know
Im watching televesion on my ipad from my provider,does this cost moneyor is this for free?

There are many free television services on the iPad, in the UK we have the likes of the BBC iPlayer and there are other apps available for both the UK and other countries.

The Archangel

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

I am new to apple and this is my first apple product, im very glad with it
But now i am wondering,once one off my friends told me that i need to leave the battery life down until 5% and then reload it,otherwise the battery could die.
Is this true or can i just reload when i want

Thanks

Martijn1
I'll add my welcome to the forum! There are a lot of great people here willing to lend a hand anytime. Often using the search feature (in the toolbar at the top of every page) will lead you to the answers you're looking for. If not, feel free to post a question in the appropriate area.

Please take a moment to view the information linked below my signature to get the most out of your iPad as well as our forum.

With respect to your question about charging the battery on your iPad, Gabriel is spot on. Here is some more information:

iPad: Charging the battery

Apple - Batteries - iPad

For proper reporting of the battery’s state of charge, be sure to go through at least one charge cycle per month (charging the battery to 100% and then completely running it down).

In other words, feel free to charge your iPad whenever you like, but as with Apple's other products it's a good idea to charge it to 100% and let it go to zero once a month or so. This will keep the iPad's battery calculation time accurate.

Welcome again and enjoy!

Last edited:
OP
M

martijn1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello

I m having a problem
When i want to turn the ipad the screen stays sideward, the screen doesnt turn with the position im holding the ipad
How to solve this?

Thanks

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You've probably locked the screen. There is a switch on the side which will lock the orientation lock. Also in settings - general - orientation lock. A choice between lock or mute.
Of course if that doesn't work hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. After the iPad finishes shutting down, wait a few seconds then hold the power button down until the Apple logo appears.

Last edited:
OP
M

martijn1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
You've probably locked the screen. There is a switch on the side which will lock the orientation lock. Also in settings - general - orientation lock. A choice between lock or mute.
Of course if that doesn't work hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. After the iPad finishes shutting down, wait a few seconds then hold the power button down until the Apple logo appears.

Yea thanks stupid mistake i thought the ipad was broken

Thanks

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No question is stupid. We've all done it. You are not alone in making that mistake. You learn from it. Hope you keep asking the questions!

Most reactions