What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi

Prem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am quite certain that the :ipad-keyboard:2 is surely a good and easy replacement for work on the laptop. I would really love to know the differences in the two.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome from Scotland.

The iPad is really a 'third way' as Steve Jobs said when he introduced the first iPad last year. Don't expect it to be a laptop - it's not. It can do some things much better than a laptop - and some things it doesn't do as well.

For me, surprisingly, the best things about the iPad are

Small size and Light weight - so you always take it with you.
Instant On and Off - literally - no start up or shut down time.
Incredible battery life - ten hours - no problem
Great connectivity with WiFi and 3G - so you're always in touch
No viruses - can't be done (well, so far)
Works great with a Bluetooth keyboard - for serious typing
Phenomenal range of apps at great prices - many free, but most at 'bargain' prices.
In my view, too, it's a rugged machine that you can 'toss' into your bag - not something you'd do with a laptop.

Go to the Apple Store and try one out - you'll either love it or hate it and, as Marie said, read through the User Manual and see what it can really do.

But to repeat, if you're expecting it to replace your laptop, then it won't. I find I now do 80% of my work on the iPad but I still need the laptop for 20% - and that's just fine.

But, most of all, if you get an iPad - enjoy it!!

Tim

OP
P

Prem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey thanks Tim,

I just picked up the Ipad2 recently and I think I am addicted.:D
Your points just affirm my belief in surely replacing my laptop for all my work as it is not too intensively tech.

Thanks once again.

prem

Most reactions

Latest posts