What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi

malonso69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi from Texas. I hope I can find the support I need in here. Now where do I start. :). I'm having problems with my apps closing down and kicking back to the home page. What can I do? It's very frustrating. :(

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi from Texas. I hope I can find the support I need in here. Now where do I start. :). I'm having problems with my apps closing down and kicking back to the home page. What can I do? It's very frustrating. :(

While you didn't tell us what generation of iPad you have running what version of iOS, the first thing we recommend is a restart or a reset of the iPad after fully closing all apps. This helps out in a lot of cases. To do (apologies if you know):

Fully Close an App (iOS 6 and lower): Double tap the Home button (or do a 4-finger swipe up) to reveal a row of icons in the multi-tasking bar. Press and hold an icon until they all start to wiggle and you see a red circle with a minus sign ("-") in the top left. Press the minus sign to fully close the app. Don't worry, it won't remove the app from your iPad, just from the iPad's resident memory.

Fully Close an App (iOS 7): Double tap the Home button (or do a 4-finger swipe up) to reveal a row of icons and cards in the multi-tasking viewer. Swipe up on all the cards until they are all gone.

Then...
Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears.

If that doesn't help, try this last step...

Reset: Hold both the power and home buttons until the screen goes dark and the Apple logo then appears. Once the logo appears, release the buttons. After a time, your homescreen will appear. Please note that it may take some time for the Apple logo to appear or for your homescreen to appear (or both). This is normal. Eventually, the homescreen will appear.

Hopefully, that will clear your issue. If not, holler back (with more details about your iPad and whether this is happening with one or a few apps only). Good luck.

Marilyn

OP
M

malonso69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
While you didn't tell us what generation of iPad you have running what version of iOS, the first thing we recommend is a restart or a reset of the iPad after fully closing all apps. This helps out in a lot of cases. To do (apologies if you know):

Fully Close an App (iOS 6 and lower): Double tap the Home button (or do a 4-finger swipe up) to reveal a row of icons in the multi-tasking bar. Press and hold an icon until they all start to wiggle and you see a red circle with a minus sign ("-") in the top left. Press the minus sign to fully close the app. Don't worry, it won't remove the app from your iPad, just from the iPad's resident memory.

Fully Close an App (iOS 7): Double tap the Home button (or do a 4-finger swipe up) to reveal a row of icons and cards in the multi-tasking viewer. Swipe up on all the cards until they are all gone.

Then...
Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears.

If that doesn't help, try this last step...

Reset: Hold both the power and home buttons until the screen goes dark and the Apple logo then appears. Once the logo appears, release the buttons. After a time, your homescreen will appear. Please note that it may take some time for the Apple logo to appear or for your homescreen to appear (or both). This is normal. Eventually, the homescreen will appear.

Hopefully, that will clear your issue. If not, holler back (with more details about your iPad and whether this is happening with one or a few apps only). Good luck.

Marilyn

Thanks Marilyn , sorry I didn't give the inform needed but these iPads are generation 2 and some are iOS 6. - iOS 7. They belong to my school. I will try the last step because I already tried the first two. Thanks again fingers crossed :)

Most reactions

Latest posts