What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi, What is the Apple Bluetooth Keyboard like to touch type on?

Flotzie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does it only require a light touch. I don't like keyboards that require a firm press.

Junior

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
macaddictionblog.wordpress.com
I've used this one with my iPad and it's easy to setup and connect. The keys require a light press in order to get text to enter, but it's not like you have to hammer on the keys to get something to pop up on the iPad.

keyboard.jpg

Bought it from the Apple Store for $69.

If you wanted something that was just a 'touch' and not a physical press, why not use the on-screen keyboard then?

OP
Flotzie

Flotzie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, nice piccy too.

If you wanted something that was just a 'touch' and not a physical press, why not use the on-screen keyboard then?

I find the on-screen keyboard too small.

OP
Flotzie

Flotzie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
PS
Can you tell me the dimensions plz

hey_moe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I brought that key board too. It comes with a nice protective cover and also I had no problem paring with bluetooth. It has a auto shut off and auto turn on. It's just about the right size to go with the Ipad...Mike

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You won't regret it. I've had mine since before I got my iPad and I'm delighted to use it with my iPad. Much nicer then using with my iMac.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I brought that key board too. It comes with a nice protective cover and also I had no problem paring with bluetooth. It has a auto shut off and auto turn on. It's just about the right size to go with the Ipad...Mike

Hey Mike, what is the cover like, I have that keyboard and mine didn't come with a cover?

hey_moe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do I feel like the dummy. I thought that all those mini keyboards came with that protection cover. It's like having a small clear jell cover over the KB. Does your have all the special highlighted keys ? If you like I can take a pic of it and post it...Mike

thedon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It should be mentioned that the Apple Bluetooth keyboard not only types for the ipad, but you can also control the sound, and screen brightness, play and jump thru songs and movies, and probably other features that I didn't mention. I had one also along with a touch pad from my mac. It works really well. My first Ipad so I am not used to typing on screen but with the keyboard its no biggie. Except you still wanna click a mouse.

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's awesome. It's light and fluent. It just keeps going and going. I love pple Keyboards. They aren't itchy or in the way like other keyboards either.

iCrush

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been using one from the last few months and I love it. I am not the best typist or speller for that matter. It does just fine. There are other B-Tooth keyboards that are small, but this one the keys are a good size, I rarly miss that I am heading for, although it has happenend from time to time.

iCrush

Most reactions

Latest posts