What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi!! Total newbie!! :)

momhasthree

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just got my Ipad and am already having fun!! I've been learning as I go, and I can't wait to find out what else it can do!!! There is only one question I haven't been able to answer, so far, and I'm hoping someone could help me out!! Is there a way to drag and drop on the ipad? I keep reading different suggestions, but so far, nothing has worked. Thanks for any help!!! :)

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First of all, welcome to the forum!

As far as "drag & drop", it all depends on exactly what you want to do. There are several apps that allow file sharing. With this option, you hook your iPad to your PC and start iTunes. Instead of syncing, you click on your ipad under Devices then select the Apps tab at the top of the screen. When you scroll down, you will see the File Sharing section. From here, you can "drag & drop" stuff from your PC to your iPad without having to go through the whole syncing process.

There is one app called GoodReader that actually allows you to transfer between your iPad and your PC via your local WiFi connection!

OP
M

momhasthree

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi! And thanks for the welcome and the info. I'm really bad with technology terms, so I'll try to describe what I'm trying to do:
While I'm on a web page, if I want to click and drag to move something (like a photo I'm adding) or if I'm trying to re-arrange content by clicking and dragging, is there a way to do that? I hope this makes some sense, but I really appreciate the help! Thanks!

Most reactions