What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi this is my 1st thread so yh :) just testing it out... Lets talk bout ipads :)

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Viber is the best phone tool for the iPad I have found. Skype great too. On skype now.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone know of a Cydia app that will connect via Bluetooth to a cell phone and use the iPad as a mic and speaker?

OP
B

Bribrianna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
grayshark95 said:
Anyone know of a Cydia app that will connect via Bluetooth to a cell phone and use the iPad as a mic and speaker?

Nope, sorry :)

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there web browser that supports full screen tv out??

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

jtrosky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
grayshark95 said:
Full 1080p output on iPad 2. Oh yeah! :) iPad one only supports 1024x768, native res.

Aren't the ipad 1 and the iPad 2 the exact same resolution?? How does connecting it to a TV make it higher resolution?? If its just upscaling, then the image quality isn't going to get any better...

At least that is my understanding (which may be incorrect).

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hdmi

grayshark95 said:
Full 1080p output on iPad 2. Oh yeah! :) iPad one only supports 1024x768, native res.

Aren't the ipad 1 and the iPad 2 the exact same resolution?? How does connecting it to a TV make it higher resolution?? If its just upscaling, then the image quality isn't going to get any better...

I think I'm right in saying that used in conjunction with the AV / HDMI adapter, and making sure you install the HD versions of apps, they are genuine HD output, but I stand corrected.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The iPad2 can output native 1080p. Nothing to do with built in display resolution. All to do with the video processor, just like a laptop or desktop...

Reaction score
jtrosky said:

As f4780y mentioned, the iPad can output 1080p via HDMI.

It really does depend on the app. If the app does only show a direct copy of the iPad screen on the external monitor, (clone the display), than the ouput video signal will be of the same resolution, as the iPad display. However, if the app does support 1080p output, it means that the app renders a seperate video signal for the external screen, see for example Real Racing 2.

As to HD in the app names. HD in the AppStore does not refer to HD as we know it. That term is only used to differenciate iPhone and iPad apps. So any app with HD in it's name has it's UI designed to work with the iPad. Nothing more, nothing less.

Most reactions