What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi this is my 1st thread so yh :) just testing it out... Lets talk bout ipads :)

Reaction score
. I am certain that if you decide to jailbreak then Leigh, our other moderator from Scotland will give you some good advice.

The Archangel

Tim isn't JB. ;)

You see ghosts! I should have known from the moment you posted that 'do you believe in ghosts' thread. I just knew it. :p

Archangel refers to only one person, and yet do you perceive them as two. Hunt the witch :D

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have a look at the redsn0w tutorial sticky. It's quite easy and risk free. If anything at all goes wrong or you don't like it, you just restore in iTunes back to a stock iPad. All the stickies contain information about how, why, and what you get. If you have any questions or get stuck yourself, post a thread and we'll see if we can help...

OP
B

Bribrianna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
Jail braking involves no risk, what so ever.

If the iPad somehow breaks and you want to repair/exchange it, you can always reset the iPad, or use iTunes to restore the original firmware. And if the iPad is really bricked, so that the above mentioned methods will not work, then Apple wont be able to find out that there is a jb installed. So there is no real risk.

Besides, jail braking in itself doesn't harm the device, only cracked Cydia apps might do so.

But my iPhone won't reboot now because of jail breaking, I was taking some things off Cydia. And now it is completely broken, can't use it :( it won't show up on iTunes and it won't even go to lock screen. It is permanently stuck on reboot

Reaction score
Bribrianna said:
But my iPhone won't reboot now because of jail breaking, I was taking some things off Cydia. And now it is completely broken, can't use it :( it won't show up on iTunes and it won't even go to lock screen. It is permanently stuck on reboot

Have you by any chance installed a tethered jailbreak? If so, you will have to use jail breaking tool again to start your phone.

What happens, if you press the power and home button for 7 seconds simultaneously?

OP
B

Bribrianna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
Have you by any chance installed a tethered jailbreak? If so, you will have to use jail breaking tool again to start your phone.

What happens, if you press the power and home button for 7 seconds simultaneously?

Nothing... Do you know what I mean by it's stuck on jailbreak? Whenever it is about to turn to the lock screen, it flashes and starts again... I really need help on this because I LOVE MY IPHONE :(

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Bribrianna said:
Nothing... Do you know what I mean by it's stuck on jailbreak? Whenever it is about to turn to the lock screen, it flashes and starts again... I really need help on this because I LOVE MY IPHONE :(

Sounds like you installed something bad from Cydia which was not compatible with your phone. However, an iPhone is never broken or bricked by jail breaking.

You need to put it into DFU mode. Then iTunes will recognise it and allow you to restore.

OP
B

Bribrianna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
Sounds like you installed something bad from Cydia which was not compatible with your phone. However, an iPhone is never broken or bricked by jail breaking.

You need to put it into DFU mode. Then iTunes will recognise it and allow you to restore.

Thank you! Very helpful info :)

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Bri, and glad you got your iphone fixed, thanks to excellent forumers here who give quality advice :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF, using iOS 4.3.2

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What does DFU mode stand for....just to increase my knowledge.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Most reactions