What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi this is my 1st thread so yh :) just testing it out... Lets talk bout ipads :)

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sure....What aspect of them do you want to talk about? Remember there are different areas of the site for specific stuff, Ipad 2, Ipad help etc! :)

OP
B

Bribrianna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Vintage90 said:
Sure....What aspect of them do you want to talk about? Remember there are different areas of the site for specific stuff, Ipad 2, Ipad help etc! :)

Well I have ipad1 so... Let's start with jail breaking.... Gd or bad idea. I jail broke my iPhone and now it doesnt work so dunno if I should do it to my ipad

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Vintage90 said:

Well I have ipad1 so... Let's start with jail breaking.... Gd or bad idea. I jail broke my iPhone and now it doesnt work so dunno if I should do it to my ipad

Hi! You are very smart and we are glad you joined us!

When you post, check out the section you posted this in ~ You posted this in the Poll Section ~ but there wasn't a poll. :(

Now ~ you are wanting to talk about Hacking ~ So ~ I will bump this to our Hacking Section.

I recently JB mine and it still works. Knock on wood.:D See you over there!:)

Last edited by a moderator:

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jailbreaking

Vintage90 said:

For me? A REALLY bad idea. I know people do it, but I leave as is. I don't see the benefit of maybe ruining you ipad....And remember, if you do Jailbreak, you are on your own, Apple won't help!

OP
B

Bribrianna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:

When you post, check out the section you posted this in ~ You posted this in the Poll Section ~ but there wasn't a poll. :(

Now ~ you are wanting to talk about Hacking ~ So ~ I will bump this to our Hacking Section.

Yh I am bri! :) ok, thanks I didn't really know which section to put it in.

OP
B

Bribrianna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Vintage90 said:
For me? A REALLY bad idea. I know people do it, but I leave as is. I don't see the benefit of maybe ruining you ipad....And remember, if you do Jailbreak, you are on your own, Apple won't help!

Yeah... I think I will leave it how it is at the moment. But it is soooo tempting :D

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:

Yh I am bri! :) ok, thanks I didn't really know which section to put it in.

No worries!:)

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not Apple?

I don't see the benefit of maybe ruining you ipad....And remember, if you do Jailbreak, you are on your own, Apple won't help!

You really can't "ruin your iPad". And we are here to help.;) We are not Apple, as you seem to think we are?

I know...:) and to each his or her own! I just prefer to leave mine as is...Not even tempted to break my ipad 1. Strange 'cause I'm normally a risk taker!

J

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't see the benefit of maybe ruining you ipad....And remember, if you do Jailbreak, you are on your own, Apple won't help!

You really can't "ruin your iPad". And we are here to help.;) We are not Apple, as you seem to think we are?

I know...:) and to each his or her own! I just prefer to leave mine as is...Not even tempted to break my ipad 1. Strange 'cause I'm normally a risk taker!

J

I'm with you Vintage90 - normally a risk-taker too, but like the iPad just the way it is.

Tim

Laban

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Quite new here comming fomr the Android world. If I JB my iPad can I always restore it (sort of hard reset it) via iTunes? That is important to know if I need to send it back (claiming warranty).

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bribrianna said:
Yeah... I think I will leave it how it is at the moment. But it is soooo tempting :D

I've never jail broken anything but if you want to have a go you can always restore your iPad through iTunes so no danger of any permanent damage. I am certain that if you decide to jailbreak then Leigh, our other moderator from Scotland will give you some good advice.

The Archangel

Reaction score
Jail braking involves no risk, what so ever.

If the iPad somehow breaks and you want to repair/exchange it, you can always reset the iPad, or use iTunes to restore the original firmware. And if the iPad is really bricked, so that the above mentioned methods will not work, then Apple wont be able to find out that there is a jb installed. So there is no real risk.

Besides, jail braking in itself doesn't harm the device, only cracked Cydia apps might do so.

Most reactions