What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi there...

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome, too, from a colder climate. This Forum is packed with great people who are enthusiastic about their iPads and always willing to help fellow iPad users. Don't be afraid to post a question, or use the Search button near the top of the Forum web page. Hope you enjoy your iPad.

Tim
Scotland

cmh103

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Will

I am a new member and have purchased app Documents to Go for my IPad. I have my PC and IPAD paired and they say they are syncing but I cannot find my docs that I tried to move from my PC to my IPAD or my docs that I tried to move from my IPAD to my PC Help.

Does anyone know how I can import an AOL address book to my IPAD. Help

Thanks from Sunny South Florida Will

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am a new member and have purchased app Documents to Go for my IPad. I have my PC and IPAD paired and they say they are syncing but I cannot find my docs that I tried to move from my PC to my IPAD or my docs that I tried to move from my IPAD to my PC Help.

Does anyone know how I can import an AOL address book to my IPAD. Help

Thanks from Sunny South Florida Will

Sync'ing is a bit of a minefield - so it takes a while to get this to work properly. In iTunes on your PC you have a lot of options that you can choose - i.e. do you want to sync email, contacts, music, videos and so on - so unless you tick the right boxes it may not transfer the files you think it should. But, as far as I know the sync operation does not transfer documents because the basic iPad apps don't have the capability to handle 'documents'. So there are a number of ways to transfer documents. I find the easiest is to simply email the document to yourself and then pick it up on the iPad. An email attachment of, say, a Word document can be viewed in iPad mail. When you're viewing it you'll see the little icon at the top of the page that looks like a 'curved arrow'. If you click on that you'll see it will offer you a number of options of what to do with the document. If you have a compatible app on your iPad - such as Pages or Documents To Go - it will offer you the option of 'Open in Documents to Go'.

If you want to transfer documents from Documents To Go to your PC then you can simply email them back to yourself (I don't have Documents To Go and use Pages instead and here there's an option to email the document so I'm assuming that Documents To Go has the same feature.)

Another way is to use the Apple cloud service MobileMe. If you subscribe then part of that service is a feature called iDisk. This allows you to upload or download your files from iDisk to either your PC or iPad.

There are also some Third Party apps - the most popular is GoodReader - that allow you to transfer files to and from your iPad to your PC using WiFi

Tim
Scotland

cmh103

iPF Noob
Reaction score
documents to go

I did download and buy documents to go It seems to work fine but I cannot find the documents on the computer or the Ipad that it claims have been synced ??? Help

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As I mentioned, as far as I am aware, iTunes does not sync documents, such as .doc files, because the basic iPad does not have a native app that supports them. So you need to transfer documents from your PC/Mac to the iPad by some other means. The easiest way is to email it to yourself from your PC but collect the email on your iPad.

Another way is to use a cloud server, such as Apple's MobileMe, which gives you the opportunity to upload documents from your PC to their cloud server iDisk and then, from your iPad, download those documents from iDisk.

There are also a number of third-party apps available that will let you transfer documents directly from your (wireless) PC to the iPad - such as GoodReader and PrintCentral.

Tim
Scotland

Most reactions

Latest posts